Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 05:05 PM

229 posts, read 424,568 times

Advertisements

I really haven't had any problems finding men interested in me. I am not grossly obese or anything, but definitely could stand to lose some weight. I'm a size 16 right now. I have a lot of size 12 clothes I'd like to fit into (even some 8's and 10's I've been hanging onto lol) There are guys who knew me when I was thin that are still interested. The guys that are interested are not fatties or ugly either. Some of them have been quite hot actually. They had no problem. I used to be quite skinny and honestly, I don't think I even would want to be that skinny again. My bf now would actually be upset if I lost weight. I told him I am going to though, because I have sooo many clothes I can't fit into. If I lost too much weight I know he would not be happy. He loves my butt. He doesn't want me to lose any of it. Or any of my breast size either. I'm totally not trying to lose weight to attract men. It's so not a problem and if a guy does have a problem, I guess he can just talk to another woman. Fine by me. To each his own. Some really, really skinny chic I know (my brothers gf) made a comment about how her husband cheated on her w/a chic that weighed 60 lbs more than her (which would be super easy she looks like a skeleton). I had to explain that maybe it wasn't all about just looks and also maybe her bones were hurting him. There is no excuse for the cheating though. I just thought it was funny that the weight dif. seemed to be one of her main issues. Like she just couldn't conceive anyone that was attracted to her could be attracted to someone "overweight".

Old 10-20-2012, 05:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,848,823 times
Why does everyone automatically assume that guys want mad skinny chicks that are just skin and bones when we say we don't want fat women? There are women who are fit and healthy looking who aren't anorexic or morbidly friggin' obese.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,241,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Why does everyone automatically assume that guys want mad skinny chicks that are just skin and bones when we say we don't want fat women? There are women who are fit and healthy looking who aren't anorexic or morbidly friggin' obese.
I don't know. But fit people are hard to find now.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM

348 posts, read 550,456 times
Just went out with a girl who was definitely heavier (20 lbs or so overweight) than my last gf (who was very thin). It didn't pan out, but she is still a great girl.

It's not a direct correlation between being thinner and being more attractive. I work with plenty of heavier women who are all married, and seem to be happily married.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:07 PM

499 posts, read 757,588 times
This acquaintance of mine is Latina, has been overweight for most of her life (definitely BBW) and only dates muscular men. Her current boyfriend has won several state bodybuilding championships. She dates men of all races also. Believe me when I say she has no problems being picky and she definitely discriminates against men who are fat, short or have any other "imperfection". She never struggles for a date and men frequently hit on her wherever she goes. I'd say she's about 5'3/250-260

The BBWs here complaining either lack self esteem (understandable) or have some other issue.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:18 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
This acquaintance of mine is Latina, has been overweight for most of her life (definitely BBW) and only dates muscular men. Her current boyfriend has won several state bodybuilding championships. She dates men of all races also. Believe me when I say she has no problems being picky and she definitely discriminates against men who are fat, short or have any other "imperfection". She never struggles for a date and men frequently hit on her wherever she goes. I'd say she's about 5'3/250-260

The BBWs here complaining either lack self esteem (understandable) or have some other issue.
5'3" and 250 is a big girl.

I could handle 180 or so... but 250 is a little more love than I wanna deal with... LOL.....

Old 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
5'3" and 250 is a big girl.

I could handle 180 or so... but 250 is a little more love than I wanna deal with... LOL.....
Lol. Wayyyy too big for me also. I wouldn't go over 160 @ 5'3 and I can tell... But she laughs in the face at people who tell her she should broaden her options because she can get whatever she wants when it comes to men now

Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Fit people are a dime a dozen where I live. If you hate fat people so much, move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post

I think a lot of that has to do with her height. I had a roommate who was at least 4 pants sizes bigger than me but she was also a foot shorter and dudes seemed to love her, bad attitude and all. Now, add a foot to her and make her overweight and see the what happens. Many men love short, curvy chicks.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Fit people are a dime a dozen where I live. If you hate fat people so much, move.

I think a lot of that has to do with her height. I had a roommate who was at least 4 pants sizes bigger than me but she was also a foot shorter and dudes seemed to love her, bad attitude and all. Now, add a foot to her and make her overweight and see the what happens. Many men love short, curvy chicks.
Maybe. Another co-worker of mine is about 6'1, maybe 300 lbs? Def big. She's not attractive at all in my eyes, but she has a husband and two kids. Bigger women do face dating challenges but they're not insurmountable, and they still have more pull than a short guy or equally large. unattractive fat guy (less they don't have big money).

Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,848,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Yeah it's a good challenge though I think. Like finding a diamond in the rough or whatever that saying is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships