Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I loves me a nice chubby girl.......
Good go introduce me to a chubby chaser. By the way Dissenter <<<< Fat B*tch here. Lol

Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Apparently, if you're not 'slim/fit/thin' you're automatically fat. There's no in between.
Bet I can lift more than these panty wearing boys. And no not just my own arse.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
The question is what are people considering fat? Is fat the person that is 20 pounds overweight or is that "average". Is fat the size 18 woman? Is fat the chubby woman?

For the record I don't consider a thicker woman "fat" but of course it depends on how thick and how overweight that particular person is. The average size for a woman nowadays, I believe is a size 12, so I guess anyone that is significantly bigger than a size 12 would be what I consider "fat".

Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Of course there are men that love fat women. I have a cousin that is so morbidly obese it looks like she is a step away from death(I hate saying it but it's true) and she gets plenty of men. Now are they attractive? Not to me. And are they in tip-top shape, with the best types of careers, etc, etc? Nope. So like someone pointed out the question that needs to be asked is: are fat women undesirable to the typical desirable male(attractive, in shape, tall, decent paying job, insert whatever other qualities a person finds desirable)? Are these women attracting the type of men they TRULY want and are attracted to. Or are they having to settle because their weight hinders their dating options?

I don't see too many upper middle to upper class professional "white collar" men with fat women. It's rare. Typically the woman is thin or in the average size range.

I personally always try to maintain a certain weight, and look a certain way because I know that my "so" is attracted to me looking a certain way. Before I met him, I kept my weight together because I knew what type of man I WANTED to attract. Sure when I was bigger I attracted a ton of male attention, some of which were pretty attractive, but in terms of quality, character, career stability, etc I noticed that I was attracted to a certain type of man and usually this man was not attracted to plus-size or "bigger" women. That's just what I observed. So I did what I had to do(work out and try to keep my weight in a healthy range). That being said I was never able to get under a size 4, and tended to be a little bigger than what I wanted(and still am) my genes are pretty sucky in that while my mom and sisters are all thinner, I was always(even as a toddler) the daughter with bigger legs, bigger hips etc. So, in my mind, I also accepted that there was only so much I could do... If I couldn't get thin, I just couldn't get thin lol.
One thing I notice is that when you are on the slimmer side(not necessarily thin either but just "smaller") and in great shape, and you at least have a decent face, your options will multiply in terms of quality in dating partners--that's just my opinion.
That would be me. I'm making the point about what you just said. Would these people who are truly overweight be dating the women or men in their life, if they were thin or skinny.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really fellas? A lot of dudes out there scream to the high heavens of how fat chicks are repulsive or they'll never date or touch a fat woman or how fat women are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes dating. But lo and behold if you actually look outside your house you'll see that there are several overweight women who have BF's/husbands and are in relationships.

In all honesty. Is it time for this idea that 'fat women are the bottom of the totem pole need to die'?

Because seriously at this point the men who say this need to just speak for themselves.
To a lot of guys, yes. And to a lot of other guys, no.

And then a lot of women put on weight after having children, etc.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really fellas? A lot of dudes out there scream to the high heavens of how fat chicks are repulsive or they'll never date or touch a fat woman or how fat women are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes dating. But lo and behold if you actually look outside your house you'll see that there are several overweight women who have BF's/husbands and are in relationships.

In all honesty. Is it time for this idea that 'fat women are the bottom of the totem pole need to die'?

Because seriously at this point the men who say this need to just speak for themselves.
Definitely depends on how far overweight, and how it's distributed, and, how she looks overall, her personality, and most importantly her self-image.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM

349 posts, read 459,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
see photo below of one guy that kept pursuing, I just decided to see up close and personal, but turned him away due to us not being on the same wave length. Was a pretty funny guy, I end up asking for some weight loss tips since he was in such great shape.
Dayum girl, that guy has quite the physique LOL!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Are there only 2 types of women? Fat and "slim?"
No I think there are 5 types. Skinny, thin, overweight, obese, and morbidly obese. I find women are attractive when then they are thin or overweight. When I was younger I had a GF that was skinny and too boney.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Every survey on weight that cross-tabs income finds a correlation between obesity and low household income, especially for women. While many often point to the fact that it is more expensive to eat healthy there are other factors.

This pattern would show that upper income men are more likely to marry thinner women. This can be seen by personal observation. Go to a nice suburb and you will see more thin, pretty women. Go to a more gritty part of town and you will see more obesity. Part of this is because (what our society considers) high quality men are choosing thinner women.

I have a cousin who is a very successful, wealthy lawyer. He did in fact marry a morbidly obese woman. But he is short and I suppose women don't consider a short man, no matter how successful he is, to be a quality catch. So my cousin probably figured he had to settle. Interestingly his mother, my aunt, is petite as can be and looks nothing like his wife.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:54 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Every survey on weight that cross-tabs income finds a correlation between obesity and low household income, especially for women. While many often point to the fact that it is more expensive to eat healthy there are other factors.

This pattern would show that upper income men are more likely to marry thinner women. This can be seen by personal observation. Go to a nice suburb and you will see more thin, pretty women. Go to a more gritty part of town and you will see more obesity. Part of this is because (what our society considers) high quality men are choosing thinner women.
This. Like I said, after living in these types of areas the majority of my life, I have to say I only knew 1 or 2 couples where the wife was fat, and in both cases it was AFTER they had kids. For the most part upper middle and upper class men will not settle down with fat women. They may settle down with slightly to moderately overweight women if she is very attractive, but I notice that typically tends to occur more with men of color than anything else.

Last edited by sunkisses87; 10-19-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships