Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Again, it speaks to your standards of behaviour which fall far below anyone I would ever mix with. It's repugnant to me to deceive and lie to people I like. But then again, you don't really like women do you, you simply want to use them for sex.
lol, where do you get such nonsense from? Is Oprah on?

I do not lie.. especially to women.

I like women. Love them. And I do not use anyone for sex than i am used for sex (or my insurance settlement).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
lol, where do you get such nonsense from? Is Oprah on?

I do not lie.. especially to women.

I like women. Love them. And I do not use anyone for sex than i am used for sex (or my insurance settlement).
I don't watch Oprah, loathe her in fact.

If you don't think there is anything wrong with your deception why did you ask a question of it in a forum? And if you think deceiving people is fine, then that's your prerogative. Some of us have higher standards than you, but if you're happy being that type, so be it.

I have better things to do than try to convince people their ethics are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I don't watch Oprah, loathe her in fact.

If you don't think there is anything wrong with your deception why did you ask a question of it in a forum? And if you think deceiving people is fine, then that's your prerogative. Some of us have higher standards than you, but if you're happy being that type, so be it.

I have better things to do than try to convince people their ethics are scraping the bottom of the barrel
Ok. Thanks. Have a grand day, hun.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 AM

515 posts, read 1,179,973 times
Not correcting her misunderstanding of you is what is known as a lie by omission. In my experience people who try to lawyer the difference between a direct lie and a lie by omission are really looking to rationalize what they already know to be a weak moral position, ultimately deception is deception no matter the particular form.

What it boils down to is either you are OK using deception to get something from this woman that you think you could not get without deception or you are not OK with it. That decision will directly reflect on what kind of man you are.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,758 times
Quote:
Again, it speaks to your standards of behaviour which fall far below anyone I would ever mix with. It's repugnant to me to deceive and lie to people I like. But then again, you don't really like women do you, you simply want to use them for sex. And you enjoy posting about how loathsome of a creature you are. Actually I believe that's called trolling and being an attention *****.
Does the OP have a history here that I'm unaware of?

Obviously, Datafeed should tell this girl that he's a college freshman, and not in business school, and it seems a little fishy to me that after six dates, what Datafeed is going to school for has never come up in conversation. But, you know, maybe he didn't even think about her assuming this until just now.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post

Obviously, Datafeed should tell this girl that he's a college freshman, and not in business school, and it seems a little fishy to me that after six dates, what Datafeed is going to school for has never come up in conversation. But, you know, maybe he didn't even think about her assuming this until just now.
Do cops sit around all day and discuss why they want to be cops at the precinct?

Do law students discuss why they want to be lawyers with other law students every day?

I am only assuming that she thinks I am in B School because once or twice she has asked me about certain classes that all 1st year B students must take and I deliver a wryly smile and say "dunno, I am not in that one."

She replies with a hmm and then we go back to discussing more important things.

So the women think that it's ok for a woman to date a man because she assumes he has the potential to make a lot of money? But if the man does not meet her assumptions that she has erroneously made it's the man's fault?

What am I supposed to say," No miss hot flight attendant I am actually on miles sitting in first and did not buy this ticket...by the way, the e-class is leased too".

LOL

Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post

Nah, not really. I came into some $$ a little while ago and asked about being a sugar daddy and some women got upset about it.

I also told an average looking woman that she was, well, average looking, and hurt her feelings. Sorry about that one

Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
I met an awesome lady at school. She is pretty, in shape, and smart (but not overly intellectual). We have gone out six times since the start of the semester. She, like most decent people, does not have a problem with me missing my non-dominant hand.

A few days ago I realized that she thinks that I am a Business school student when in fact, I am enrolled at the College as a freshmen.

I am the age of a typical B school student, live off campus a few blocks from the University on 94th Street, and my work history would lead one to believe I am a B school student (former management consultant).

Mind you that I have never told her I am not a a graduate student, but she just assumed it, inter alia, since I study in the B school library sometimes and because of my age.

I am wondering if I should bother telling her.

This is not exactly she thinks she is dating the manager when in fact she is dating the janitor territory but still...
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Anything other than that IS lying. Even if you didn't say you WERE what she thought, you didn't correct her and tell her what you really are. Lying by omission is still lying.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Nah, not really. I came into some $$ a little while ago and asked about being a sugar daddy and some women got upset about it.

I also told an average looking woman that she was, well, average looking, and hurt her feelings. Sorry about that one
You know what's funny? I'm wasn't even commenting in this thread - so obviously you telling me that you think I'm average had nothing to do with the responses that anyone has given you. And I'm curious as to why you keep on harping on my "averageness." If you don't find me attractive - that's totally fine. What's baffling is why you think that your opinion can negate anyone else's opinion of me. You seem to think that you thinking I'm average somehow makes me average. And honestly - what difference does it make if you think I'm average? What difference does it make if EVERYONE things I'm average? Who would it hurt for me to think I'm actually attractive? For the record - other people have always found me much more attractive than I have found myself. I used to HATE the way I looked. But I've always gotten a lot of male attention and I've always had men trailing after me. Maybe it's my personality - although I'm not sure why men would constantly hit on me based on my personality. I never said I was a supermodel - I said that I was attractive. What do you find so threatening about a woman saying that she is attractive? What difference does it make to your life? Is there something wrong with a confident woman? It took me a long time to be able to say that I'm attractive - and one small little man on the internet who is afraid of a confident woman is not going to change that. Besides - I've seen what you find attractive - and I'm GLAD that you don't find me attractive! So - you can keep telling everyone how you told an average woman that she was average as if it means something - but it actually doesn't. And once again - who the hell cares?

So - you can keep pretending that "allowing a deception" to flourish is not akin to lying if you want, and best of luck with all the women of non threatening intellect that you would like to make your sugar babies.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow, sorry. I am sure you are attractive. No hard feelings?

You misunderstand my comments about a woman's intellect. In academia there are tons of bloviators around. I prefer more action orientated women. No Ivy League B School babe is stupid...but some are not intellectuals. Get me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships