Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times

Advertisements

Just to catch up on our lives and things...we haven't always been friends but he's been calling, texting, apologizing for things he did wrong and trying to re-affirm the friendship aspect (he knows I'm seeing someone). So we decided to go to Hoots just to chill and catch up.

I am on the train to meet him and I realize my battery's going to die on my cell before I see him (which is obviously a bad thing since we need to coordinate meeting), so I preemptively shut it down for part of the train ride. When I turn it back on, I see 15 new voicemails and a bunch of texts, and my phone freezes so I have to turn it off again. When I finally get into contact with him, meet him, and hop into the car, he says, "Candice don't check your voicemail."

I'm like, "Why?"

He said, "Just don't."

"Well now I have to." So I check my voicemails, all of them are from him. First 2 are innocuous enough if really insistent, asking where I am, and why am I not responding to voicemails.

Then he starts raising his voice in the voicemails. Mind you, he's sitting right beside me as I play them on speakerphone.

Finally they devolve into all sorts of craziness. "Where are you, you f******* c***?"

"Why are you so f****** selfish?"

"Do you know what the f*** I will do to you when I see you?"

This is because he couldn't contact me for 20 minutes.

Mind you my ex has a Xanax prescription so I know he has a hard time calming down, but you have GOT to be kidding...

We spent the rest of the car ride in silence and had the most strained lunch ever.

Guess some people do belong in your past eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 05:18 PM

469 posts, read 567,156 times
definitely not what i was expecting to read, but interesting. What i have learned throughout the years is that the people who i've broken up with (or have broken up with me) tend to stay there. There was a reason why you left them there, whether its something they did, you did, how you felt about them, falling out of love, or another reason. I have learned enough to know that if a guy (or girl fir that matter) from your pasts asks to hang out and you know there was something wrong with them or broke up with them for a reason, they tend to stay in the past. There are a few situations i would accept that and it would be if we ended on the right terms (which i have luckily done with all but 1) and if i know there isn't some sort of revenge or other underlying factor. But hey, you live and learn. Next time he asks you to go out on a date as a friend, decline, and if he asks why its because he doesnt know how to respect or treat you as a friend, regardless of his medication.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
There's always a motive behind "calling, catching up, apologizing"...........

Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Well, exes are exes for a reason...

Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Was he like that in your relationship?

My ex did something similar to me when we were still together. I went shopping for 2 hours and I came back to several emails that started with "good morning, how are you," and gradually spiraled into "why are you not talking to me / if you don't want to be with me, tell me now / I can't lose you " emails.

Sad thing is that I was out buying a gift for him...

Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Yeah, he'd go off the deep end if I was supposed to meet him at a point and couldn't...he'd always fly off the handle for seemingly innocuous reasons.

He threatened once to come up to where I was and kick my ***, all sorts of things. I mean, I don't believe he would do any of those things...and I went to therapy with him and discussed it with his therapist.

He just has an anger problem.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Yeah, he'd go off the deep end if I was supposed to meet him at a point and couldn't...he'd always fly off the handle for seemingly innocuous reasons.

He threatened once to come up to where I was and kick my ***, all sorts of things. I mean, I don't believe he would do any of those things...and I went to therapy with him and discussed it with his therapist.

He just has an anger problem.
Wow. Sounds like a winner.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Guy sounds like a nutjob........ good lord, wound up pretty tight.....Couldn't get ahold of you for 20 mins and goes off the deep end like that sounds way way over the top.....

Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,127 times
Cool story bro.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Just to catch up on our lives and things...we haven't always been friends but he's been calling, texting, apologizing for things he did wrong and trying to re-affirm the friendship aspect (he knows I'm seeing someone). So we decided to go to Hoots just to chill and catch up.

I am on the train to meet him and I realize my battery's going to die on my cell before I see him (which is obviously a bad thing since we need to coordinate meeting), so I preemptively shut it down for part of the train ride. When I turn it back on, I see 15 new voicemails and a bunch of texts, and my phone freezes so I have to turn it off again. When I finally get into contact with him, meet him, and hop into the car, he says, "Candice don't check your voicemail."

I'm like, "Why?"

He said, "Just don't."

"Well now I have to." So I check my voicemails, all of them are from him. First 2 are innocuous enough if really insistent, asking where I am, and why am I not responding to voicemails.

Then he starts raising his voice in the voicemails. Mind you, he's sitting right beside me as I play them on speakerphone.

Finally they devolve into all sorts of craziness. "Where are you, you f******* c***?"

"Why are you so f****** selfish?"

"Do you know what the f*** I will do to you when I see you?"

This is because he couldn't contact me for 20 minutes.

Mind you my ex has a Xanax prescription so I know he has a hard time calming down, but you have GOT to be kidding...

We spent the rest of the car ride in silence and had the most strained lunch ever.

Guess some people do belong in your past eh?
How is it that drama always seems to follow you everywhere?

Your life needs its own special on TLC or something. People just love watching shows about charismatic human train wrecks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships