Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times

Advertisements

I've known some men that were quite happy with just casual relationships and would not have it any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Lol, not like that!
I am actually the least grumpy person I know.
Not letting anyone spoil your mood is hard work!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM

14 posts, read 83,185 times
Give it a try. It's just a great video game.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Lol, not like that!
I am actually the least grumpy person I know.
Not letting anyone spoil your mood is hard work!
it's all about enjoying the little things that makes your mood happier, not what others do to you that impact you in some way.

like I really want a banana smoothie right now. Had this craving when I was eating a banana about an hour ago, but the places around here use ice cream to make them, and I don't want ice cream in my smoothie. i'd make one if i had regular yogurt and a blender, but I don't have a blender at my disposal, nor do I have a blender. I'm slightly upset because I can't enjoy what I want, but I'm pretty happy because I just had a banana, and I'm thinking about the celery with a little peanut butter I'm going to have later. With some grapes and carrots, and I'm looking forward to that.

Like I said, even the smallest things can make me a happier!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
it's all about enjoying the little things that makes your mood happier, not what others do to you that impact you in some way.

like I really want a banana smoothie right now. Had this craving when I was eating a banana about an hour ago, but the places around here use ice cream to make them, and I don't want ice cream in my smoothie. i'd make one if i had regular yogurt and a blender, but I don't have a blender at my disposal, nor do I have a blender. I'm slightly upset because I can't enjoy what I want, but I'm pretty happy because I just had a banana, and I'm thinking about the celery with a little peanut butter I'm going to have later. With some grapes and carrots, and I'm looking forward to that.

Like I said, even the smallest things can make me a happier!
Hahaha.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Many opportunities have been missed by me because I get turned off by women who aren't looking for anything serious. I am the type of guy that takes relationships seriously and I could never see myself not giving a relationship all I could give or being with someone that doesn't give all they could give.

I look at people in a bar or club that end up in ONSes and think, how could they?

I am an overly serious man by nature, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a bit less serious and loosen up or something. Should I give casual relationships a chance? Or would I be disappointed in them?

you don't have to try something just to know if you like it or not. IF it's not for you, then it's not. Just because you see other people doing it, so what? If that's what you want, then go do it.

Obviously they must like it if they're using each other for empty & meaningless sex/relationships with no point to the overall situation. Seem to be the type of flighty people that will hump and dump when "things become too routine" or "boring" in their minds. None of this should be surprising given the way people are in this world today.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
If your a relationship person, you'd hate casual dating. Just hold out for what you want.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
If your a relationship person, you'd hate casual dating. Just hold out for what you want.
Here here Crabbycakes!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
I considered this only because some posters wrote that some women got unhappy in such relationships when they didn't progress. I am a guy that likes to progress, albeit slowly.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,920,976 times
Quote:
It could always evolve.
That's the point.
There are a number of women here looking for a casual relationship, and I am sure some of them are decent people.
No, that's not necessarily the point. I've spent the last 33 years with one person. If I hadn't had casual relationships before that, I would feel as though I had missed something (and I'd be right). Those other relationships didn't have to go anywhere to be worthwhile. They just were what they were.

(One was with a potential marriage partner, just to be clear.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships