Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
This could be you missing out on something great. You can't put all divorced people or men in a pile and think they are all alike.

I can understand how you feel, because I have been in relationships with certain 'types' and thought, omg, never again!

I have an ex bf who I was with for a few years who was horrible. Just awful. Had his PhD. He was no blue collar like my ex husband had been. I thought..never again. There was nothing else that I could really generalize him with. No group of people. I couldn't really call him white collar, because he never really had a job! He just had money.

So I never really wanted to be with a man who had not been married or had children. To me, those are men with no life experience.

I met a pretty nice guy who was both. He had his PhD and had never been married or had children. He was nice enough, but he was not for me.

He wasn't so bad that I wrote off either type again.

Now I am in a relationship with a man who has never been married not had children and he is wonderful.

People are a strange thing. There are no two alike and you are making a broad generalization because of a couple of bad experiences. Maybe that is good for all the divorced men out there, I don't know.

What I do know is I don't think you should have this all divorced men are evil outlook either.
I don't think divorced people are evil, I have explained countless times why I can not date divorced men, and it is due to religious reasons. I am not interested in dating someone not open to marrying in church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't think divorced people are evil, I have explained countless times why I can not date divorced men, and it is due to religious reasons. I am not interested in dating someone not open to marrying in church.
A guy might not be interested in a woman who has lived in sin before, either.

What does your religion say about that?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 AM

But it's not the same thing because I can marry in the church.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,376 times
Wait, your church won't marry a previously divorced person?

I'm sure catholic churches have done this for decades in Australia...

Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Wait, your church won't marry a previously divorced person?

I'm sure catholic churches have done this for decades in Australia...
The Catholic Church has a thing about divorce...

OP, do you know yet if Taco Man has accepted your invitation to the card game? I've been thinking about the situation. The poor guy probably thinks that since you look like a model, you could do so much "better" than a working-class schlump like him. So he can't understand what your interest is about, and he probably thinks he has nothing to offer. Poor guy.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM

Haven't heard yet but you never know. It's only Wednesday so he may tell me before Saturday. If he can't come maybe he will call and suggest an alternative who knows.

Yes the Catholic Church frowns on divorce in most cases. Why some don't get this I don't know. I don't have to settle on this and like I mentioned before I am okay not marrying if it comes down to this. However I am not giving up on him yet because he may surprise me.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:58 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Haven't heard yet but you never know. It's only Wednesday so he may tell me before Saturday. If he can't come maybe he will call and suggest an alternative who knows.
Oh, he may have to work Saturday. Next time you'll have to make it a Sunday cardgame. I wouldn't count on his suggesting an alternative; he doesn't seem to have the social skills or confidence for that. We'll see.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:58 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,089 times
Maybe next time you see him you should grab him and pull him in for a passionate kiss!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe next time you see him you should grab him and pull him in for a passionate kiss!
Silly girl. She's waiting for him to make a move. And waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting........................................... .......

Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,435 times
Quote:
Actually, you said they were failures. That they failed at marriage. That is a far cry from "he can't get married in a church." That is an affront. You're changing your tune now that you've been called on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships