Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If you're happy with the person you're seeing, you made a wise decision to hide your profile. It's going to be that much harder to strengthen your relationship with this guy if you're being actively courted (and responding to) other guys. It's one of my frustrations with online dating; there's little incentive to give people you meet through the site a legitimate chance.
I agree. I hate that about online dating too. You never know how many other people they are seeing and at any time they may decide they like one of their other prospects more than you and poof! Or you do one tiny thing they don't like and they move onto the next always hoping to meet some perfect person.

A little update - He came over for dinner last night. I haven't been feeling well the past couple days and after dinner I started feeling sick again. Not horrible, just not great. He watched a movie with me and rubbed my back, he was so sweet about me feeling bad. It was kinda nice to be taken care of like that! Not used to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
[quote=strawberrykiki;26727627]I agree. I hate that about online dating too. You never know how many other people they are seeing and at any time they may decide they like one of their other prospects more than you and poof! Or you do one tiny thing they don't like and they move onto the next always hoping to meet some perfect person.

A little update - He came over for dinner last night. I haven't been feeling well the past couple days and after dinner I started feeling sick again. Not horrible, just not great. He watched a movie with me and rubbed my back, he was so sweet about me feeling bad. It was kinda nice to be taken care of like that! Not used to it![/quote]

Yup, this is a perfect example of pretty much exactly how i would treat a woman if i ever had one. Why do women all SAY this is what they want, and yet i am still single? Sooo frustrating.

Anyway, you seem like a nice person, although i haven't read that many of your posts... so i am glad you found someone.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
[quote=lpfan921;26728267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I agree. I hate that about online dating too. You never know how many other people they are seeing and at any time they may decide they like one of their other prospects more than you and poof! Or you do one tiny thing they don't like and they move onto the next always hoping to meet some perfect person.

A little update - He came over for dinner last night. I haven't been feeling well the past couple days and after dinner I started feeling sick again. Not horrible, just not great. He watched a movie with me and rubbed my back, he was so sweet about me feeling bad. It was kinda nice to be taken care of like that! Not used to it![/quote]

Yup, this is a perfect example of pretty much exactly how i would treat a woman if i ever had one. Why do women all SAY this is what they want, and yet i am still single? Sooo frustrating.

Anyway, you seem like a nice person, although i haven't read that many of your posts... so i am glad you found someone.
Thank you. You'll find one who will appreciate you do those things for her. In my experience guys who do those kinds of things are pretty rare, so if he is the real deal I have no intention of letting him get away. Most guys probably would have been like well guess you're sick so no sex, I'm outta here!

Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
[quote=strawberrykiki;26728599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post

Thank you. You'll find one who will appreciate you do those things for her. In my experience guys who do those kinds of things are pretty rare, so if he is the real deal I have no intention of letting him get away. Most guys probably would have been like well guess you're sick so no sex, I'm outta here!
Eww really??

Don't get me wrong... like most guys, i'm obsessed with sex... but wow, that's rude.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:02 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Sucking balls for me.

Good for you though!!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
[quote=strawberrykiki;26728599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post

Totally agree with lpfan921. You represent yourself very well through your posts, so it's not a surprise that men enjoy your company. Hope it works out. Remember: when things are going well, lay low on the sites. They'll be there tomorrow. GL!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
At the moment, the cute security guard in my work building is mega-flirting, but hasn't asked me out yet. I'll keep chatting with him a bit.
Time to step up the flirting a bit more maybe? Or will you guys overheat?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Time to step up the flirting a bit more maybe? Or will you guys overheat?
LOL! Overheating is likely. As it stands now he is über attentive when I show up in the lobby and he is full of compliments (and jokes and innuendo). He seems like a generally flirty guy but seems to be upping things. I am puzzled. [when he acknowledges other people he talks about the weather and sports, I've been getting personal info from him]

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Happy for you strawberrykiki!!!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
After so many dating sucks posts (many in the past made by yours truly), I thought I would make a positive dating post! I've been on five dates with someone I met online who seems to be really great. I'm not getting my hopes up, but there hasn't been any flaking or drama! I really like him, yet I don't find myself waiting by the phone all day for him to call or text. The great part is he does call and text reliably, so I really wouldn't have to wait anyway. Maybe there is hope yet!

How is everyone else's luck these days?
Sweet. Good for you, kiki.

I had a first date recently and it went well. We're going to FFF fest this weekend. Second date is usually make or break for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
At the moment, the cute security guard in my work building is mega-flirting, but hasn't asked me out yet. I'll keep chatting with him a bit.
Ask to see his night stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships