Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times

Advertisements

Ok. Lets hear it CD! What are some incredibly small and odd reasons you just couldn't be with somebody. It can be people you never dated as well, just try to keep it funny.

If you need an example, here is Jerry getting dumped.

One of the best Seinfeld lines EVER. - YouTube

I once met a girl who was cute and had a good personality. One time she fell asleep on the couch and her shirt rode up over her belly button. I noticed long dark hairs around the bunny trail area. That image wouldn't leave my mind. Needless to say I couldn't date her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:33 PM

270 posts, read 488,056 times
Oh gosh, I'm queen of the Seinfeld reasons! I keep thinking that with the "right" guy it won't matter, since I've ignored imperfections before....but here are a few...

- Crooked/messed up teeth
- Saying my name too much in conversations to me
- Having a weird voice
- Clammy hands
- Too short

Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
He has a cheap, free cell phone, for low income folks. Is he poor? Did he lie to get it? Why does he have a freebie cell phone?

He has a speech impediment..he can't say, "Sally Sells Seashells on the Sea Shore" without spitting.

He bites his fingernails.

I saw him "check" his "package"...several times.

He went to the bathroom and did not wash his hands.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Wouldn't spare a square.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
- Crooked/messed up teeth
Eh, I wouldn't consider that a seinfeld reason. Crooked/nasty teeth just aren't attractive, although I'm surprised by the number of girls that go out with guys with such nasty teeth.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Seinfeld, while entertaining, is not a show anyone should emulate while on the dating scene. Those characters all had issues. Cookoo Kramer may actually been the most well adjusted person on there.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
I passionately dislike lawyers, but I am talking to one on eharmony right now and I think I might go out with her (if she doesn't flake or ghost on me first). She seems pretty cool but I guess that's why you meet people. But I don't like the idea at all about dating a lawyer. I just think it's the lowest profession on the face of the earth.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
Eh, I wouldn't consider that a seinfeld reason. Crooked/nasty teeth just aren't attractive, although I'm surprised by the number of girls that go out with guys with such nasty
teeth.
I agree. Crooked teeth are very unattractive. I dont quite think it qualifies either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Seinfeld, while entertaining, is not a show anyone should emulate while on the dating scene. Those characters all had issues. Cookoo Kramer may actually been the most well adjusted person on there.
I dont think anyone TRIES to emulate Seinfeld. But everyone does have those small odd reasons they cannot date somebody. I dont think there is anything wrong with it, its just our preference.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:19 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I was chatting with a guy I was dating via FB - we reconnected after high school, so he wasn't a guy I met online and he said "kewl." I just couldn't be serious about a 30 y/o man who spells cool as kewl. I generally hate slang or abbreviations in texting. Like ur for you are or u instead of you. I will over look it if I really someone and they've proved themselves intelligent in person, but it's just a silly pet peeve of mine.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM

521 posts, read 762,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I was chatting with a guy I was dating via FB - we reconnected after high school, so he wasn't a guy I met online and he said "kewl." I just couldn't be serious about a 30 y/o man who spells cool as kewl. I generally hate slang or abbreviations in texting. Like ur for you are or u instead of you. I will over look it if I really someone and they've proved themselves intelligent in person, but it's just a silly pet peeve of mine.
Interestiing and yet you're a grown woman with a username that is strawberrykiki...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships