Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM

39 posts, read 46,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's easy. Walk into a comic book store. All these men will look up from their copy of Captain America or Batman and say, "Look! A woman!" Then it will be like Night of the Walking Dead. They won't leave you alone.
Hmm...I'm sure I wrote "all jokes aside".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
There are several on here. Have you met them?
Unfortunately most of them are too far away...
I don't believe in long distance relationships: /

Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,696,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Hehe. And if you really want to go the extra step further, step into a wargaming or hobby store, where hopeless nerds like me play games like Warmachine, Warhammer or Infinity.

The guys there believe that females are mythical beings, lost to the ravages of times past. No one has seen one and lived to tell the tale, or so the rumors go.
Really? The one I go to all the guys have girlfriends or are married. Also a good portion of them our gulf war vets, enlisted and one guy was in vietnam. And both the owners were members of the British SAS forces.

I must hangout with some Badass nerds so my point of view my be skewed.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yep...other women like me actually exist

Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,166,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Really? The one I go to all the guys have girlfriends or are married. Also a good portion of them our gulf war vets, enlisted and one guy was in vietnam. And both the owners were members of the British SAS forces.

I must hangout with some Badass nerds so my point of view my be skewed.
Maybe the ones in the US or UK are different. The one in Malaysia was pretty sad, maybe that's playing into the whole Asian geek stereotype but unfortunately it seems that the members of my old store confirmed that stereotype except for the owner, who was married. Pleasant blokes though, to be around.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
May be introduce you to lpfan? He's looking for someone like you.
IPfan!! He'll probably drop everything he's doing and fly out to CA to meet you!

I actually enjoy myself not being clingy. I Like her having her own life and friends. It makes the time she and I would spend have more enthusiasm.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,760,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Hopefully you find a clingy guy who you actually want to be clingy. In my definition, a clingy guy is someone who clings to you when you don't want him to.
This is the gist of it. If you like him, he's "attentive" and "considerate," he "pays attention," he's "really into you," etc. If you don't like him, he's weird and creepy.

Nobody ever says, "Darling, I really love how clingy you are."

Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,696,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Maybe the ones in the US or UK are different. The one in Malaysia was pretty sad, maybe that's playing into the whole Asian geek stereotype but unfortunately it seems that the members of my old store confirmed that stereotype except for the owner, who was married. Pleasant blokes though, to be around.
Actually I don't think its that woman are mystical to them but women interested in their hobby or what not it kind of blinds sides them if you get what I am saying.

Like how some guys if they meet a women who knows a lot about football they what is the common societal notion is they tend to get blind sided.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,225,699 times
Quote:
This is the gist of it. If you like him, he's "attentive" and "considerate," he "pays attention," he's "really into you," etc. If you don't like him, he's weird and creepy.

Isn't that funny? All of these words and phrases mean the same thing. The only difference between them is positive and negative connotations. Essentially the only difference between the first set of words and the second set of words is who the receiver of such attention is.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,293,396 times
Quote:

So true! The ability to be clingy is naturallyl an annoyance. What do you do when something is annoying? You shoosh it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships