Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,696,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
A goldigger doesn’t necessarily only go after rich men. She can be one that is only with men who can take care of her expenses and who she can score freebies with, men who she can dig for gold be it a nugget or the gold mine. Those are women who only seek that on a man. It’s normal for women to want to be with a man who has a good economic status, drives a cool car, and so on BUT focuses on other characteristics of a man AS WELL. Don’t think all women can be considered goldiggers for that simple nature, something that is part of being a woman.
That's because it makes sense to want someone with good economic standing.

So a good definition of a golddigger would be someone who dollars and things and everything else is just ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Uh.

Maybe she could a degree and career path that could lead to her being able support herself.

Ya think?
Don't be silly jojoba, you know darn well none of us women have a job or career or earn good money. We're all looking for a sweet sugar daddy

Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,111 times
My wife never worked which while not entirely common among men my age is a situation that was also not rare. I liked it and regret nothing. She made my life a beautiful place to be and threw herself into it completely. I never perceived her part as being less than mine. We divorced. She still doesn't work and never will but she was not a gold digger.

lol Perspective is everything. Women and their work have been problematic for me. I keep meeting women who have dragons to slay but I'm reaching a point in my life were I just want to travel and have fun. I almost wish I could find a gold digger, she would be free to go with me instead of chasing down various goals. Yes, its probably that I tend to be attracted to the kind of woman who slays dragons and they to men who do the same and so we meet. As to the gold digger she will be hunting bigger game and we do not meet.

What you see depends on where you are but moreso, who you are.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 AM

365 posts, read 645,565 times
Quote:
Uh.

Maybe she could a degree and career path that could lead to her being able support herself.

Ya think?
Of course she could do that as well. But the point is that from 21-28. If she takes care of herself. She really has the option to pursue a degree. There will be some guy willing to take care of her. To give up her "good" years on some guy that isn't going to take care of her. That isn't smart.

Let's say she is a romantic. She goes to school. She meets a classmate. They are both 21. They fall in love and get married. They both struggle initially. They get promoted. She pops out a couple of kids. She concentrates more on her kids and family. He concentrates on work. He continues to get promoted. She gains weight. He works out continually.

Now they both are 40. He is financially secure. He tells her that this isn't working out anymore and is dating his how young 25 year old secretary. She has to start over again a 40+ overweight mother.

This is what happens. If you were a woman. Doesn't seem to appealing this love thing does it. The man if he plays his cards right will always have the advantage.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
My wife never worked which while not entirely common among men my age is a situation that was also not rare. I liked it and regret nothing. She made my life a beautiful place to be and threw herself into it completely. I never perceived her part as being less than mine. We divorced. She still doesn't work and never will but she was not a gold digger.

lol Perspective is everything. Women and their work have been problematic for me. I keep meeting women who have dragons to slay but I'm reaching a point in my life were I just want to travel and have fun. I almost wish I could find a gold digger, she would be free to go with me instead of chasing down various goals. Yes, its probably that I tend to be attracted to the kind of woman who slays dragons and they to men who do the same and so we meet. As to the gold digger she will be hunting bigger game and we do not meet.

What you see depends on where you are but moreso, who you are.
I have a decent job as an RN but I will happily give it up to travel the world with you

Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
That's because it makes sense to want someone with good economic standing.

So a good definition of a golddigger would be someone who dollars and things and everything else is just ignored.
That’s how I see it too. If not, almost every woman would be a goldigger since they want to be with a man with a good economic status (higher or at the very least the same).

Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,756,971 times
Quote:
Uh.

Ya think?
An excellent point. I hope that more men pay attention to a woman's education and job prospects, because many of them have said flat-out that their importance is inconsequential compared to her looks and personality. Many of them insist that men do not care what a woman does for a living; furthermore, some have said that mentioning a degree or college education probably indicates she is a stuck-up and demanding person.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM

601 posts, read 759,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
An excellent point. I hope that more men pay attention to a woman's education and job prospects, because many of them have said flat-out that their importance is inconsequential compared to her looks and personality. Many of them insist that men do not care what a woman does for a living; furthermore, some have said that mentioning a degree or college education probably indicates she is a stuck-up and demanding person.

Agree 100%
We can keep pointing at issue we find with the opposite gender but ultimately we ourselves are responsible for that.

We, as men, need to pay more attention to things that really are important to us. The problem is, theres low life men whom will give into every woman's demands in large scale, and now those women want to come back and expect the same from every men.

Bottom line: its our fault. its our responsibility.

This is no different from a girl being with an abusive partner. We can cry wolf all day long how horrible he is but she ultimately is making the descission to be with him.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I don't have a problem at all with women seeking a man who is financially set. My problem is with women who seek this and offer not much in return. Eg. a free loader. Eg. a princess who uses the man for his money, without bringing much to the relationship herself. Relationships are a two way street and a partnership, not an avenue for a free ride in life.
Some women want equality, but only when it suits them, which isn't right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea they throw it around but they need some kind of 'excuse' don't they? Most of them that use it & and are so obsessed with their "riches" being stolen by some woman, barely have a pot to pis* in anyways.

They pick these very attractive bimbos, simply b/c they want some kind of arm candy to show off. These women will play them and suck them dry of every dime they have & bounce when there's nothing left to spend -- I don't see how that's the woman's problem.

Also, I never seen the word used in excess IRL like it is on here, that is the truth.
The thing is with these "gold diggers" whether you believe they are after the millions or just want a comfy life without working or just want a guy to buy them a meal and a drink, the guys know exactly what they are getting into and dont care.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM

11,816 posts, read 12,066,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Agree 100%
We can keep pointing at issue we find with the opposite gender but ultimately we ourselves are responsible for that.

We, as men, need to pay more attention to things that really are important to us. The problem is, theres low life men whom will give into every woman's demands in large scale, and now those women want to come back and expect the same from every men.

Bottom line: its our fault. its our responsibility.

This is no different from a girl being with an abusive partner. We can cry wolf all day long how horrible he is but she ultimately is making the descission to be with him.
Great post!

If all you (general 'you') care about is a woman's outer appearance and how much of an ego boost you'll receive from your buddies because you have a hottie on your arm, it really is your own fault if the woman has nothing else to offer.

Women are derided for caring more about the substance of a man, his ability to provide for himself and his goals and ambitions in life. Yet these are the sorts of things both genders should care about if you're interested in a healthy LTR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships