Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM

290 posts, read 567,965 times

Advertisements

I met this guy in December of last year. We've hung out a few times for about five months. He took me out and paid for all our dates.He asked me to be his gf after about three months of dating but I told him I needed more time to think about it. We never had sex. The farthest we've gone was kissing. The reason we stopped seeing each other was maybe my fault. He asked me to go out but I always had something planned already or work schedule didn't match so I always ended up turning down his invitations. I guess he got tired of asking and he just stopped initiating dates. We still text here and there but not really spending time together.

About two months ago, he asked me again if I wanted to be his gf. I didn't really give him a yes or no answer. Anyway, I've noticed that he brings up sex topic alot when I talk to him on the phone or texts but I always switch the conversation to something else. He says things like " I want you so bad", " I love your tight little butt", " I want to go down on you", Mostly sexual stuff. Lately, hes been inviting me to hang out at his place, to cuddle instead of going out but I never accepted. When I say I'm not ready to have sex with him, he says its ok we can just cuddle. He also says that he doesn't need a friend but he needs a gf. I feel like his complaining that we've known each other for a year and we've never done anything more than just kissing. It makes me wonder if he just wants sex from me. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Missganda; 11-17-2012 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times
Most women want an emtional attachment if sex is involved, I know I do. Men don't need that at all, they can have sex just to have sex. I don't profess to understand it but that is what I have read and been told by men. Therefore, your guess is as good as mine if that is all he is looking for or not.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
He dated you for three months without sex and asked you to be in a committed relationship. No, he doesn't only want sex, but yes he does want it. If a man wants to date you, he wants to have sex with you. It sounds to me like he is being very respectful of your needs, frankly I don't understand your complaint.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
a year of cuddling and kissing but no sex? sounds to me like he's not being unreasonable at all.

it shouldn't take you a whole year to figure out if you want to get involved with someone or not. I think you really should determine if you want this or not, and whatever your decision, let him know ASAP.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 AM

We never cuddle we just kiss. We've hung out for five months then stopped. But lately when he asked me to see each other hes only interested in hanging out at his house not to go out on a real date. I've never been to his house.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Guy is walking around with blue balls for a year and you wonder if all he wants is sex? I think you should wonder whats wrong with him to hang around for that long and not get any. ANy sensible man with options and ability to bag owmen would have been gone 10 months ago.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Guys that only want sex don't take you out on multiple dates, ask you to be their girlfriend, and stick around for months even when they aren't getting sex.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Guy is walking around with blue balls for a year and you wonder if all he wants is sex? I think you should wonder whats wrong with him to hang around for that long and not get any. ANy sensible man with options and ability to bag owmen would have been gone 10 months ago.
He's an attractive man, educated, and he's family is wealthy. He's the only son but has one stepsister. I'm sure hes getting sex somewhere else. That's what makes me wonder if he only sticks around till I give it up and leave because I made him wait this long. But he asked me to be his gf tho.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
So do you want him to be someone more than a friend or not? I think if not then make it clear to him that sex and talking about sex makes you uncomfortable, end this charade, and stop talking; he's not going to stop having sexual desires for you simply because you say you don't want it. Just end the friendship entirely and stop stringing him along when you don't even want him.

And oh, yes he just wants sex. A man who loves you would respect that. Let this dude go, because if you continue being around, he's going to presume that's the kind of attention you like - sexual - and it doesn't matter that he asked you to be his girlfriend, you aren't and he isn't serious.

Last edited by Yiuppy; 11-17-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 AM

633 posts, read 724,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
We never cuddle we just kiss. We've hung out for five months then stopped. But lately when he asked me to see each other hes only interested in hanging out at his house not to go out on a real date. I've never been to his house.
he is done spending money on u since he know he won't get any. lol. if it were me, i won't accept the invitation especially since he is very vocal he wants sex. WTF is up with we just cuddle thingy. go buy a blow up doll to cuddle or this:

https://www.realdoll.com/

and stop inviting me to your house horny perv. lol. by the way my link. lol just found it recently who ever bought those must really be sad. and they're pricey too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships