Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:00 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
although masculine is still a very fluid concept. And encompasses a lot.

The key I think is confidence, being yourself and not caring what others think.

I mean just look at musicians/singers, etc. They don't give a crap what others think, a more masculine trait, even though they have pushed the edges of mens fashion.

Many women I think are attracted to men who are secure enough in their masculinity to be ok with being stylish, etc. I mean just look at all those R&B artists, with their jewelry, etc. That alone on wimpy, wussy guys would not be masculine. But they have the attitude to back it up.

I think what some women might be turned off to as being feminine, other women might be turned on, because the guy just wears what he wants and doesn't give a crap what others think.
Being masculine or feminine has really nothing to do with the clothes you wear. You are right confidence is the most important masculine trait
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:

I mean just look at musicians/singers, etc. They don't give a crap what others think, a more masculine trait, even though they have pushed the edges of mens fashion.

Many women I think are attracted to men who are secure enough in their masculinity to be ok with being stylish, etc. I mean just look at all those R&B artists, with their jewelry, etc. That alone on wimpy, wussy guys would not be masculine. But they have the attitude to back it up.

I think what some women might be turned off to as being feminine, other women might be turned on, because the guy just wears what he wants and doesn't give a crap what others think.
Ha, exactly. If men didn't care what others think they wouldn't be constantly worried if something is 'gay' or not. I've even heard some men worry if wearing flip-flops is 'gay.'

Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

I'm gonna disagree here...a bit. I am a woman that likes masculine men...at least romantically speaking. I would have no romantic interest in a man that exhibits effeminate behavior, traits, or appearance. However, someone that "doesn't give a crap what others think" won't appeal to me either. I am all for confidence, and being yourself....but pushing "attitude" to the point of showing no care whatsoever as to what sort of impression one makes on others, well, that's completely unappealing to me as well.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
So because it's common makes it okay?
Not because it's common, but because it is understood...routinely...in most every group of people. Except by you of course.

Quote:
It's still equating gay with bad.
No, it isn't.

Quote:
I'm talking about when people say 'that's so gay' to refer to ANYTHING that is bad. What if you said 'that's so black' or 'that's so Jew?'
Well now you've changed your story. And frankly, I don't know anyone that uses it in that context.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
How do you explain the fact in the past that many of the alpha males also had sex with other males, as a means of bonding?

That didn't turn off females. Being weak and non-alpha did, and that never included male on male action.
And you know this....how?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Saying "Dude, those pink pants make you look really gay, you better go change." is using it as a slur.
But let's face it, pink pants on a dude is kinda gay.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Exactly!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,123,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm gonna disagree here...a bit. I am a woman that likes masculine men...at least romantically speaking. I would have no romantic interest in a man that exhibits effeminate behavior, traits, or appearance. However, someone that "doesn't give a crap what others think" won't appeal to me either. I am all for confidence, and being yourself....but pushing "attitude" to the point of showing no care whatsoever as to what sort of impression one makes on others, well, that's completely unappealing to me as well.
I was actually referring more to specifically, men who put more effort into their appearance and having a unique sense of style, but not worrying if other might think its seen as looking "gay."

Thats what I meant by not giving a crap.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I was actually referring more to specifically, men who put more effort into their appearance and having a unique sense of style, but not worrying if other might think its seen as looking "gay."

Thats what I meant by not giving a crap.
Ah. Sorry, I misinterpreted.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Not at all. But then, I've known men that could be manly in a pink tutu. Homosexuality really has zero to do with the way you dress and groom yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships