Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM

521 posts, read 763,507 times

Advertisements

I'm hit or miss. There are times when I walk into a room and men will notice me right away. However, there are just as many times where i have to 'chat' with men (once or several times) to get them to notice me and ask me out. If I never took the initiative to talk with them, some would have never noticed I was attractive. They are never annoyed or shoo me away, when I try to chit chat with them. Always engaged, and polite. Over time, some warm up to me and start to like me. Even ask me out. Does this mean I have a subtle type of pretty? I have to put in a bit more effort & can't always rely on just my looks

On a few occassions a simple change of hairdo have gotten men who typically ignored me, to being very interested in me.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'm hit or miss. There are times when I walk into a room and men will notice me right away. However, there are just as many times where i have to 'chat' with men (once or several times) to get them to notice me and ask me out. If I never took the initiative to talk with them, some would have never noticed I was attractive. They are never annoyed or shoo me away, when I try to chit chat with them. Always engaged, and polite. Over time, some warm up to me and start to like me. Even ask me out. Does this mean I have a subtle type of pretty? I have to put in a bit more effort & can't always rely on just my looks

On a few occassions a simple change of hairdo have gotten men who typically ignored me, to being very interested in me.
A good hairdo is one that frames your face in a flattering way. It can make a big difference.

I don't think your experience is unusual. Women do approach men (contrary to C-D lore), sometimes repeatedly. Some guys really don't have the social skills to approach women, or to "get it" that a woman is interested in them, when she approaches. It takes all kinds of people to make up a world, there is no single blueprint (contrary to C-D lore).

Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,016,606 times
Maybe it means you just don't have presence.

I'm tall so I get noticed. I assume that's why anyways.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Maybe it means you just don't have presence.

I'm tall so I get noticed. I assume that's why anyways.
Is presence based on level of attractiveness ??

Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A good hairdo is one that frames your face in a flattering way. It can make a big difference.

I don't think your experience is unusual. Women do approach men (contrary to C-D lore), sometimes repeatedly. Some guys really don't have the social skills to approach women, or to "get it" that a woman is interested in them, when she approaches. It takes all kinds of people to make up a world, there is no single blueprint (contrary to C-D lore).
Maybe my experience is normal. Not sure. But I've observed guys walk right up to other women, whereas with me, I had to put in tad more effort (eye contact, chatting with them, joking) to get those same guys to notice me.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
This is a really good question. People tend to assume it's all about looks, but it's about a certain vibe, a certain flair, maybe. I've seen women in the moderately attractive range create "presence" by deliberately arriving late to a party and making a dramatic entrance. I also think there's something to the idea that tall ("statuesque") women automatically have a certain presence. People with more introverted personalities tend to not command attention. Bubbly personalities get attention, irrespective of looks.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I don't think so.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
This is a really good question. People tend to assume it's all about looks, but it's about a certain vibe, a certain flair, maybe. I've seen women in the moderately attractive range create "presence" by deliberately arriving late at a party and making a dramatic entrance. I also think there's something to the idea that tall ("statuesque") women automatically have a certain presence. People with more introverted personalities tend to not command attention. Bubbly personalities get attention, irrespective of looks.
Yes, I've noticed this too. I've seen women who are moderately attractive(sometimes ugly) who have dare I say, 'swag' that just draws men to them. Usually they have really nice bodies, and dress incredibly well.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed this too. I've seen women who are moderately attractive(sometimes ugly) who have dare I say, 'swag' that just draws men to them. Usually they have really nice bodies, and dress incredibly well.
Packaging makes a difference. And I don't mean revealing or cheap. Well-made, well-fitting, quality and tasteful clothes make someone stand out. The same is true for men's suits.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This is a really good question. People tend to assume it's all about looks, but it's about a certain vibe, a certain flair, maybe. I've seen women in the moderately attractive range create "presence" by deliberately arriving late to a party and making a dramatic entrance. I also think there's something to the idea that tall ("statuesque") women automatically have a certain presence. People with more introverted personalities tend to not command attention. Bubbly personalities get attention, irrespective of looks.
Mystery can often accompany introversion and that piques interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships