Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM

521 posts, read 763,284 times

Advertisements

I do have a weakness for alpha males. They're so charismatic and I find that highly attractive in a man. There's also this element of always seeking validation and approval from men like that. I'm always trying to prove myself to them which I find very thrilling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,734,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Dude, I've read many of your posts. In a recent thread, you stated that you're 32 years old and have never been on a date.

Here's what I want you to do: close this forum, walk away from your computer, meet women every chance you have (if you're not at work, be out meeting women somewhere...whether it be bars, clubs, or walking around during the day....I don't care if you don't like bars or clubs. Do it anyway).

Don't come back here until you've been on a few dates.
Brilliant!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:50 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,473,223 times
Alpha males exist and I know because I am attracted to them.....

Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Pointless topic. There are very few true "alpha males" in the world. And those that exist would not be known personally by people on this Forum. People erroneously assume that an alpha male is someone at their job who gets women and has an air of authority. Wrong.

In the grand scheme of things, an alpha male would be someone like James Bond (a fictional character, incidentally), Don Draper in Mad Men (another fictious character), or Sonny Corleone in The Godfather (oops...yet another fictional character).

In any case, a man cannot transform himself into an alpha male. They either are or they aren't and many genuine alpha males are repulsive: think Donald Trump. There's only so many Steve McQueens or JFK, Jr.'s to go around.
The bolded is flat out wrong. Being "alpha" (if you want to call it that) is a personality trait.

An "alpha" male (again, I use quotations...because it doesn't actually exist) is simply a man that is unafraid to go after what he wants. He is confident and doesn't care about what others think. You don't have to be the loudest, most obnoxious guy in the room to be the most "alpha." You also don't have to be an a-hole.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,172,511 times
Alphas are fairly common. The basic social unit of humans going back to the beginning has been a tribe or clan of more than 10 and less than 35 individuals, and from what I've read of both humans and other primates, there are usually 2-3 who are vying for the top spot.

Yes, I've seen women attracted more to alphas, despite themselves. Even if the alpha is uglier than other options. Consider for example male politicians, who are notoriously fat and ugly, and yet score as many bimbos as they want.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
A woman could date a skinney geek who is afraid to talk to a woman or a guy who is comfortable in his own skin. Who do you think she's going to go for?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,106,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A woman could date a skinney geek who is afraid to talk to a woman or a guy who is comfortable in his own skin. Who do you think she's going to go for?
What happens to those shy skinny geeks?

Women just like what they like, right? So, they'll always pick the good looking confident guy.

What happens to those guys on the bottom of the barrel after many years?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I do have a weakness for alpha males. They're so charismatic and I find that highly attractive in a man. There's also this element of always seeking validation and approval from men like that. I'm always trying to prove myself to them which I find very thrilling

This dumb ass post sorta nullifies what a so called "alpha" male is supposed to be.........

Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
What happens to those shy skinny geeks?

Women just like what they like, right? So, they'll always pick the good looking confident guy.

What happens to those guys on the bottom of the barrel after many years?
They become bitter and blame other people for their problems.

Literally all the have to do is get to the gym, talk to women and make some life changes to simply be happy in their own shoes. These are changes that everyone should do even if they didn't want a woman.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:22 PM

521 posts, read 763,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This dumb ass post sorta nullifies what a so called "alpha" male is supposed to be.........

care to explain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships