Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 12:29 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times

Advertisements

I am in the doldrums a bit and need a good laugh....so, of course, I came here!

Please dig deep and give me some great gut laughing stories...

I'm still thinking of mine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Okay, 25 years ago, my brother is an actor, and he's up in Anchorage, Alaska, for Christmas.

He sends down a big UPS box that arrives at my mother's house when my sister, my brother-in-law, and my brother happen to be there. My mother is off running errands.

So we unpack the box, which is filled with presents, each nicely wrapped. And at the bottom is a small Glad bag filled with an herb that looks suspiciously like....well, you can guess. There's a tag attached that says, "A little extra Christmas cheer."

Well, my sister, bro-in-law, and bro all look at each other, and my brother produces some rolling papers. A few minutes later, they're smoking a doobie on my mother's back deck (I don't partake). My buddy Keith shows up, and he decides he wants a hit. They're all sitting around toking, speculating on how good the joint is.

Christmas afternoon, my brother calls from Anchorage and asks how we liked our gifts. After the usual Christmas chitchat, he asks, "Well, how did the cat like hers?" My sister asks, "What are you talking about?"

"Well, the catnip I sent her for Christmas." We all started howling.

So the catnip story comes up every Christmas now.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay, 25 years ago, my brother is an actor, and he's up in Anchorage, Alaska, for Christmas.

He sends down a big UPS box that arrives at my mother's house when my sister, my brother-in-law, and my brother happen to be there. My mother is off running errands.

So we unpack the box, which is filled with presents, each nicely wrapped. And at the bottom is a small Glad bag filled with an herb that looks suspiciously like....well, you can guess. There's a tag attached that says, "A little extra Christmas cheer."

Well, my sister, bro-in-law, and bro all look at each other, and my brother produces some rolling papers. A few minutes later, they're smoking a doobie on my mother's back deck (I don't partake). My buddy Keith shows up, and he decides he wants a hit. They're all sitting around toking, speculating on how good the joint is.

Christmas afternoon, my brother calls from Anchorage and asks how we liked our gifts. After the usual Christmas chitchat, he asks, "Well, how did the cat like hers?" My sister asks, "What are you talking about?"

Hmm, I've never tried, but I believe MJ has quite distinguished smell. Did they try for the first time? You'd think experienced users should know what it looks and smells like...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm, I've never tried, but I believe MJ has quite distinguished smell. Did they try for the first time? You'd think experienced users should know what it looks and smells like...
Well, they were all experienced users and, to their credit, they all said, "This is the worst sh*t I've ever smoked." Except my friend, Keith, who opined, "Man this stuff is greeeeaaaat."

Old 11-21-2008, 02:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:

OH MY!!! I am chuckling outloud over here!!! GREAT story

Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Well, they were all experienced users and, to their credit, they all said, "This is the worst sh*t I've ever smoked." Except my friend, Keith, who opined, "Man this stuff is greeeeaaaat."
This reminds of stories (not sure if they're true) about foreigners moving here not speaking English and buying dog or cat food instead of cereal and being happy about what great deal they got on the big bags.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:22 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
We lived in California, but our family was all in other distant states. Our son was 3 years old. He had recently had a brithday and was very excited about the whole presents concept. He was an early riser.

As Christmas approached, we received boxes and boxes of wrapped presents from relatives. We have five kids and we each have 3 siblings (plus parents), so there were a whole lot of wrapped gifts. We stacked the gifts carefully under the tree and it looked beautiful. One morning at about 6 a.m. my wife heard a lot of noise from the front parlor. She went down to see what was going on. She did not return. When I went downstairs I found our three year old son sitting gleefully in a pile of opened presents and shredded wrapping paper. My wife was sitting on the floor in the middle of the mess crying.

Not only did we have no presents left to open on Christmas, but we had no idea what gift was for whom or from whom. My wife is very strict about the kids properly thanking people for their gifts. Some gifts were obvious, but the rest we ended just holding up and saying "who wants this?" Our vague thank you cards went like this: "Dear Grandma Thank you for the nice Christmas Present. I really love playing with it" Then Grandma called and said why does she love playing with her sweater? - oops. We thought that the sweater was for her sister and the easy bake oven was for her and we thought that the sweater was from my sister.

It was a mess and very stressful for my wife, but now in hindsight, it was very funny.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,843 times
Just this past Thanksgiving I went up to new York to meet with my family. We all sat down to eat when my 30 year old aunt remembered that we had not opened the sparking grape juice. She offered to pour all the kids some. I went to the kitchen to help her out. Debbie poured each glass half full and then filled the rest up with vodka. All the kids were like "mommy this tastes good" . They all got tipsy and the dinner became a lot more fun.

PS: I'm 16 so although their parents thought it was a terrible thing to do I thought it was hilarious.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Default He couldn't answer the bell.

About 4 years ago, My cousin was hosting Thanksgiving at an apartment he shared with a friend. His sister was there, And i had not seen them in some time despite no strife between us. He was drinking, way too much too fast and kept announcing he was going to carve the big turkey he made. The time came, And he staggered into the kitchen where I went to help him. Found him trying to carve the turkey with a butter knife! We finally told him to sit down. Wrong move. He flopped down into the easy chair and went right over with it hitting the table and sending the stuffing and vegetables onto the floor. We told him to go to bed. he was in no condition to answer the bell that day, So to speak. This is only slightly funny as he recovered and the night went on with no further problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships