Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,082,710 times

Advertisements

I don't think your theory is right.

I think the reason many women have horrible experience is because many women get attracted to alpha men. But those men have plenty of options, so they act like jerks. They will have sex with her and tell her how he is completely loyal to her, and then dump her when they get bored and want a different girl.

At that time she will be crushed and may feel resentment towards men. More women need to be more careful in their dating selection. Don't go for the same guy that everyone else is interested in, and if you do go for him don't believe he will treat you any different than his previous girlfriends. Of course others just have had bad experiences just like men has had bad experiences with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,082,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Me too.

It's funny how CDR is populated by all these semi-young guys who think women over 40 have trouble getting laid. Where do they get this BS?
It is never hard for women to get laid at any age. Men are more willing than women to have sex.

But it is harder to find a long term partner for an average woman when she gets older. Its like that everywhere due to three main reasons
1. Women prefer older men
2. Men prefer younger women
3. Many are not looking for a long-term partner during their 20s, but they start looking when they turn 30. One man can have 10 sexual partners, but only 1 marriage partner.

Edit: I speculate there may be another reason. During the 20s women have the advantage. That gives average women the opportunity to get a man who is a lot better than average. When they turn 30, then the average quality of single men has decreased and they will have to settle for less.

Last edited by Camlon; 07-05-2013 at 02:34 AM..

Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,442,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Here's my theory:

Older women are often kind and empathetic persons. Younger women are considerably less likely to speak to men they don't find attractive, than older women.

Therefore, the more males under about 22 are skilled at talking to women, the better they get at it, because women are around them more. They also learn more about relationships.

The less men under 22 are skilled at talking to women, the worse they get at it, because they have less access to women.

Under the age of perhaps, 30, women more power in choosing partners...therefore, after 30 or so, all the good men are taken.

This leaves women in their forties with two primary groups in their dating pool:
  • well-intentioned men, with zero social skills, and the appearance and confidence of hobos, or mentally unstable persons who it may be unsafe to spend time near
  • charming, confident, sociopaths, who have been getting steadily better at using people for selfish gain over the past three decades, whose skill at charm has reached a level near mind-control

What makes you think they have "so many" bad experiences with men, as if they have more bad experiences than younger women, older men, or younger men?

Do you have some sort of evidence that supports this assumption?

Maybe older women have the least amount of bad experiences as compared to other genders or age groups.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:29 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,600,811 times
I'm wondering why the OP...at 27 years old...cares so much about older women and men in the first place. My suspicion is that the OP seems like one of those inexperienced guys who hasn't had much exposure or "success" with any woman...those around his own age, and older women. So he conjures up this crap in this thread as a weak attempt to justify his own woes, make himself feel better and escape his own reality. A manifestation of denial. Common among guys who are struggling (along with whining and bitterness). Digging their own deeper hole.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,070,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Here's my theory:

Older women are often kind and empathetic persons. Younger women are considerably less likely to speak to men they don't find attractive, than older women.

Therefore, the more males under about 22 are skilled at talking to women, the better they get at it, because women are around them more. They also learn more about relationships.

The less men under 22 are skilled at talking to women, the worse they get at it, because they have less access to women.

Under the age of perhaps, 30, women more power in choosing partners...therefore, after 30 or so, all the good men are taken.

This leaves women in their forties with two primary groups in their dating pool:
  • well-intentioned men, with zero social skills, and the appearance and confidence of hobos, or mentally unstable persons who it may be unsafe to spend time near
  • charming, confident, sociopaths, who have been getting steadily better at using people for selfish gain over the past three decades, whose skill at charm has reached a level near mind-control
I don't know about the theory. I am an older woman and I have met a lot of good men. But I thank you for the bolded line. Made me lol

Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 AM

855 posts, read 1,386,163 times
The older ladies I know who have had problems in dating are the ones still holding out hope for that prince charming type, knight in shining armour boy, tall and handsome with a healthy bank account to splurge on her. They continue to refuse all men who don't measure up or don't physically qualify to satisfy her ego.

The older ladies I know who are loving life are the ones who have shed their physical prejudices and replaced them with desires for personality and companionship. That's the biggest difference as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,549,611 times
The reality is older guys are okay living their golden years single since they have the freedom to do what they want with relationship concerns. all they need is companionship (friendship) and connection with family. older women generally dont want to go through their golden years solo, and tend to want commitment and companionship (lover)

Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,007,958 times
Maybe the OP is looking for an excuse to treat this older woman he is thinking of banging badly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships