Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

Under the age of perhaps, 30, women more power in choosing partners...therefore, after 30 or so, all the good men are taken.

This leaves women in their forties with two primary groups in their dating pool:
  • well-intentioned men, with zero social skills, and the appearance and confidence of hobos, or mentally unstable persons who it may be unsafe to spend time near
  • charming, confident, sociopaths, who have been getting steadily better at using people for selfish gain over the past three decades, whose skill at charm has reached a level near mind-control
A lot of good men are just entering the dating pool at 30, after completing grad school or med school. Meh...so much for that part of the theory. *crash* burn

Most of the sociopaths are already married, having manipulated naive young women into marriage long before 40+. A whole batch of men who spent their 20's getting an education and their 30's establishing themselves in a career enter the dating pool at 40, looking for single, child-free women. Some of them even post on C-D, asking if there are any single, child-free women around at that age.

Awww, two more parts of the theory bite the dust!

What hobos and mental cases? Who notices hobos and mental cases? And let me tell you, there are TONS of men in their teens and 20's with zero social skills. Take a look at the last batch of whiner threads from this week. Men gain social skills as they mature.

Aw, shucks, OP, looks like you struck out with the theory. Oh well. Better luck next time. Try talking to some real live adults before you spin the next theory, though. It helps to touch base with reality, first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I don't even understand why people equate low or no social skills to being bad people. The guy I am interested in has low social skills when it comes to dating but he's one of the kindest men I have ever met. I'll take a man like him to someone with lots of experience.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What planet are you from?

I dated from 42 to 45, it was a great experience - even the failures. I much preferred dating in my forties to my twenties.
I concur, though I didn't date in my 40's. Still, being in my fifties, things are way better, like men behave like gentlemen these days and I can actually go out with them as friends now w/o having to guard my zipper all night. Nope, I may not get as many dates but the ones I get are much better quality.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I concur, though I didn't date in my 40's. Still, being in my fifties, things are way better, like men behave like gentlemen these days and I can actually go out with them as friends now w/o having to guard my zipper all night. Nope, I may not get as many dates but the ones I get are much better quality.
I'm 43...... If you go out with me... you'll have to guard your sense of humor, as it will be abused, your intellect will be stimulated... and your zipper just may get a good going after......

Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
There goes my fantasy of slowly, sensually, lowering that zipper. *crying* I do understand you though. When I was a kid I don't think I knew a single woman I liked that I didn't want to bone the bejesus out of, left, right, upside down, sideways, before I had a drink of water and started again. lol That was a different version of me though. Now, I have women who are friends. Not friends that I wish I could go there but they're not having any of it, just friends. I don't much like anything about getting old, it only takes away what I could do yesterday. I do like that one thing though, woman it turns out make pretty good friends.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't even understand why people equate low or no social skills to being bad people. The guy I am interested in has low social skills when it comes to dating but he's one of the kindest men I have ever met. I'll take a man like him to someone with lots of experience.
It's not that anyone thinks taco boy is "bad".

It's just that if they have low or no social skills at 50, they probably will never have them - even with you.

What seems sweet and quirky in courtship soon becomes the thing you despise about them the most. Sad but true in many relationships. For example, tb can't make small talk. This probably means he can't make small talk with his eventual wife, either. It can be a very lonely and hurtful experience, being married to people like this.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm 43...... If you go out with me... you'll have to guard your sense of humor, as it will be abused, your intellect will be stimulated... and your zipper just may get a good going after......
Now that I believe Chow. . . Yer still a spring chicken though, lol.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It's not that anyone thinks taco boy is "bad".

It's just that if they have low or no social skills at 50, they probably will never have them - even with you.

What seems sweet and quirky in courtship soon becomes the thing you despise about them the most. Sad but true in many relationships. For example, tb can't make small talk. This probably means he can't make small talk with his eventual wife, either. It can be a very lonely and hurtful experience, being married to people like this.
He makes small talk with me all the time actually and more and more is talking a lot.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the catagories of men are very limited in your description, only 1, devil fiend.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
They don't dig my depends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships