Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM

681 posts, read 619,108 times

Advertisements

hello, I was wondering how do I go about talking to women in bars/clubs. I have several issues with this and due to the area that I am in, this is pretty much the only area that has lots women in a single place so I am really stuck with this as being my only option. I pretty much am confused as to how I approach certain situations and that is what I need help with.

FWIW, I have never taken home someone from the bar except maybe once. I am going there to basically hang out with friends and I am open to meeting new people and see where it goes along the way. Unless the woman really wants it, I am not looking to "hook up" or have "one night stands" unless she can really get me going in that direction, that is not my ulterior motive. My question is how do I show a woman that I am not trying to get into her pants? I know the bar is not the best place, but I really don't have many options here.

Once I can get that out of the way, my next issue that I have is the approach. Do I just go up and introduce myself? Do I make small talk? What is the best way to approach someone? I am outgoing, but I have problems breaking the ice. Once I do that, I am golden. What advice can you guys give me? Thanks

P.s. Even if I seal the deal and get her number, I always feel weird calling her..If i had met her anywhere else then it wouldn't be an issue, is that just me or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,349,846 times
Tell them you're unemployed, have a van with velvet interior and plenty of duct tape. That should do the trick.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Do they play danceable music at your bar? You could just approach someone and ask her to dance. If it goes well, you could ask her afterwards if you could buy her a drink.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do they play danceable music at your bar? You could just approach someone and ask her to dance. If it goes well, you could ask her afterwards if you could buy her a drink.
I said this too.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,928 times
If you're good looking, you can pretty approach them however and things will probably work out. If you're not good looking, don't bother trying to approach random chicks in bars/clubs.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and thats the problem when they don't then what do i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I said this too.
you said you had moves that was it! lol, i mean so what do i do, just go up to you and start dancing? I thought girls hated that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
If you're good looking, you can pretty approach them however and things will probably work out. If you're not good looking, don't bother trying to approach random chicks in bars/clubs.
Well i think im nice looking and i get told im cute, have nice eyes, nice voice..etc, but in reality i dont have the best confidence, I think im average at best, and for every girl that says Im cute another 1 or 2 reject me so whatever that means lol.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM

ok so besides asking her to dance..if shes at a table with a group of girls..what do I go and say? thats kinda intimidating you know...

Old 12-01-2012, 07:54 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
ok so besides asking her to dance..if shes at a table with a group of girls..what do I go and say? thats kinda intimidating you know...
Wait until she's alone or only with one other person before you try to approach. Of course, this is assuming you're not a really good looking guy (good looking as in a legit 8+ out of 10 on nearly everyones rating scale). If you're really good looking, approach her while she's with a bunch of people, tell her you noticed her and wanted to introduce yourself, then ask her to dance if dancing is going on.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and thats the problem when they don't then what do i do?

you said you had moves that was it! lol, i mean so what do i do, just go up to you and start dancing? I thought girls hated that lol

Well i think im nice looking and i get told im cute, have nice eyes, nice voice..etc, but in reality i dont have the best confidence, I think im average at best, and for every girl that says Im cute another 1 or 2 reject me so whatever that means lol.
Women reject men for pretty much the same reasons that men reject women. "He's not my type." Don't worry about it.

Try to hit the good nights, the dance-music nights. Find out from the bartender what's scheduled for the following week. No, you don't walk up to someone and start dancing. You ask if she'd like to dance. Don't freak if she declines. Retreat to your spot, and try someone else later.

Some women never go to bars, you know. What if some of them tend more toward the personalities you'd like to meet?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Totally. It sounds like torture. I'd work the grocery store and coffee shop, if I were you. It's a lot more low-key and casual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships