Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
So, which are you? Unattractive chick or wimpy guy?
Personally I'm both...that is my great talent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,528,905 times
idk about "skewed responses", but I could make heads or tails of the OP. Could someone boil it down for me? What's the question?

Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,373,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Personally I'm both...that is my great talent.
My hat is off to you, sir/ma'am.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM

5,991 posts, read 13,181,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I don't agree with your theory. I think what you call the PUA "movement" is really just a marketing scheme. It is a ploy to sell dubious advice to men who harbor a lot of secret resentment towards women. And none of the ideas put forward by PUA are in any way "outside the box." They are thoroughly conventional, the same old-fashioned, macho boilerplate men have been serving up to each other from bar stools and in locker rooms since forever.
In terms of the actual "picking up process yes",

but seriously, it would thinking outside thinking outside the box yes, to be "hmm . . . bringing flowers on the first date doesn't seem to be working? Am I coming on too strong? is she not into me?" But bringing flowers on a first date does seem like the right thing to do, but after awhile a guy has to try something else.

Maybe what I meant to say, is that maybe the PUA movement might simply trigger guys simply to think differently, even if the PUA movement itself may be a money making scheme, with specific pieces of advice that may not be the best.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times
PUA is a lot better than the desperate losers here bitter because women won't go out with them. There's a lot more woman haters on here that can't pick up women for the life of them than people who know how to get out and talk to them.

Maybe if people here were smart enough or had the brain capacity to realize there are good and bad aspects, and that people have the brain power to decide between information... things could be different.

To the OP, whether or not you have vaild points is useless because no one listens to a word.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,874,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
..? Most of the women on this forum are married/LTR Captain. I don't know about attractive but if you're married I don't think it matters very much, lol.
Yeah and everyone was single at one time or another. The married folks advice is just as if not more valuable than single folks. Also, the advice from the women is at the very least the insight into what women think.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
To the OP, whether or not you have vaild points is useless because no one listens to a word.
lol! Is it that bleak around here, burgl?

I never did figure out what the OP was trying to say, or ask, or argue. Oh well.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,997,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
OP, the thing you have to realize on this forum is that most of the responders are either women (most of whom are either unattractive or unable to to analyze themselves) and wimpy men. Thus, the responses you get will be skewed.
Unfortunately, I fear you are correct.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,228,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
hahahaha. And Burglar rambled on about how PUA teaches about being respectful to women, then CaptainYack came rollin' in, opened his mouth and ruined more of his post by being a douche.
Do you know what's actually funny? Your posts about not being able to get girls. They really make me laugh.

You're obviously a much better authority on women than any of us. I'm sorry for questioning you.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! Is it that bleak around here, burgl?

Oh come on Ruth, whether or not we agree on this subject.. you know it IS that bleak around here usually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships