Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
1. No jealousy of any form
2. Economy
3. No arguments
4. Secure and safe way to avoid divorce (and all of its implications)
5. Freedom
6. Secure and safe way to not help increase overpopulation
7. No suffering, no doubts
8. Total independence (when having a job)
9. No social boundaries
10. Not necessarily staying with the status quo

Celibacy is truly a gift and those who mock/disrespect us are just envious.

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?

A Friendship and Relationship are not even close to the same things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Points above.
Originally Posted by stan4
1. I don't have jealousy of any form. good for you
2. My wife's income makes our lives even more awesome hopefully she or you will not lose the job
3. We rarely argue; I argue more with my parents and brother than with my wife
4. Huh? That's like saying you can't have brain cancer if they take out your whole brain. very bad analogy
5. Freedom? What do you mean? I am still free the last time I checked. No shackles. Good for you
6. LOL Perhaps is time to see what is happening around you
7. Wtf? I would think someone NOT in a secure, loving, committed relationship would be suffering and full of doubt mediocre mentality
8. Again, I don't understand what you're talking about. there is no total independence in marriage. But if you are pleased good for you
9. See #8 in marriages most people fade away some of their friends because of time given to family. Again if this is ok for you great
10. How is this an 'advantage'?people who dont want to marry dont need to. Only weaklings that care too much about what others say do this and have very unhappy lives.

1. Yes...it is good for me.
2. Our lives are arranged so we could live on one salary.
3. No answer from you?
4. It's a perfect analogy. What's kinda lame logic is what you posted. Of course you can't get divorced if you never get married. Giant DUH.
5. ?
6. What is happening around me?
7. What does that mean? Wouldn't someone who was just dating and had no commitment be the person with less security and more doubt?
8. Your views on marriage are flawed. It is not two halves that make a whole. It's two wholes that come together to form something that is greater than the sum of their parts. That requires each person to be a functioning, independent adult.
9. Your important friends will always be with you.
10. This has got to be trolling. Get married if you want. Don't if you don't want. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Sorry...can't figure out why this will not get off of italics.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Disadvanges of not having a relationship and no sex:

A. No one to kiss
B. No one to hold hands with
C. No dance partner
D. No one to confide in
E. No one to ask about your day
F. No one to enjoy fun events with
G. No one to be your "guest" to a wedding
H. No one to help each other
I. No one to laugh with

And to buy over and over batteries.
Another one if you are a guy, you may have an urge to marry your hand since, uh.... you know, it has given you the most "satisfaction."

Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
These imply that you are utterly and completely alone without a relationship. I do all of these with my friends.

And it's not the first time I've seen/heard this implied. A friend and I went to the wedding of a woman we were friends with in college, and the priest who did her wedding went on and on about how "now she has someone to laugh and tell jokes with, and to talk to". My friend and I just looked at each other with "wtf?" expressions.

I don't need to be in a relationship in order to confide in, talk to, laugh with, or go out some place fun with someone. I have some very strong and solid friendships that I've had for years.
^This.

I'm alone in my bedroom at night but I do not feel alone in my life generally.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,125 times
Look, I made my points, and if you need to offend, mock, ridiculize or believe you are better than me or others because of what we think then it is obvious you are envious. The forum is called Relationships and not all of us here have to agree onlur views on it. The forum is not restricted to looking for one, this is not an online dating forum.

I would never understand how some of you who act this way actually are involved in relationships unless of course you are one thing on the keyboard and another in real life. But that's your issue.

I am not here to convince anyone, like I said before I could perfectly say you are darn envious of me if you say I am bitter. Judging me or judging you does not add to any intelligent conclusion.

There are many people who believe that relationships are vital, and here I write the reasons why it should not be taken as something we must all thrive for. Those who want to have it, those who cant live alone, those who need sex, those who view relationships as something that will help them be better people etc. go ahead and look for one, but those of us who have doubts about the real importance of them I say them they are not bad but they are not necessary if you are self-sufficient.

It is CLEAR that you are full of envy when you judge those of us who choose to not have one as bitter, sad, mentally impaired.

"Your points suck" is not an intelligent form of disagreeing, albeit showing some inner doubt that I may be indeed right. Expose your points, and we will see where we could agree, but the mockery strenghthens my point of view, it does not harm it at all. It convinces me i am right.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Look, I made my points, and if you need to offend, mock, ridiculize or believe you are better than me or others because of what we think then it is obvious you are envious.
Ummmm, did you not post that list thinking you were better than everyone else? What was the point of the list otherwise. Those aren't benefits specific to being celibate and/or single.

Quote:
The forum is called Relationships and not all of us here have to agree onlur views on it. The forum is not restricted to looking for one, this is not an online dating forum.
Why would you visit a forum that you have no interest in? You have no interest in relationships and don't care to have one. There IS a forum for non-romantic relationships which would suite you better. It's like me going to a message board that deals with horses. I don't have horses, don't care about horses and don't want a horse. Why would I go on a message board about horses and declare why my life is better without one????

Quote:
I am not here to convince anyone, like I said before I could perfectly say you are darn envious of me if you say I am bitter. Judging me or judging you does not add to any intelligent conclusion.
No, you were here to judge people, it's the way you worded your original OP. Go back and read it. By saying "no arguements, freedom...etc" you are implying that those in relationships have to deal with it, otherwise you wouldn't see it as a benefit specifically to being single and celibate.

Quote:
It is CLEAR that you are full of envy when you judge those of us who choose to not have one as bitter, sad, mentally impaired.
Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. You JUDGED everyone in a relationship by implying all that BS on your list...or do you just not do relationships because you suck at finding the right partner that doesn't impose those limitations on you??? You should have just stated that instead.

Quote:
"Your points suck" is not an intelligent form of disagreeing, albeit showing some inner doubt that I may be indeed right. Expose your points, and we will see where we could agree, but the mockery strenghthens my point of view, it does not harm it at all. It convinces me i am right.
What did you really expect when you come on here and stir the pot?
Back to my original point...those that are comfortable with their relationship status don't give a fudge what others think and don't post lists trying to convince others they are satisfied.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,443,479 times
Quote:
1. No jealousy of any form
2. Economy
3. No arguments
4. Secure and safe way to avoid divorce (and all of its implications)
5. Freedom
6. Secure and safe way to not help increase overpopulation
7. No suffering, no doubts
8. Total independence (when having a job)
9. No social boundaries
10. Not necessarily staying with the status quo

Celibacy is truly a gift and those who mock/disrespect us are just envious.
Being single doesn't guarantee protection from (or inclusion with) any of these issues. There's nothing wrong with being single or celibate. In fact, everyone has been in that condition. So what?

Some of your points don't even make sense. So in your case being single doesn't even protect you from raised eyebrows.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
It convinces me i am right.
You are right for you and many others. Still most normal well adjusted people enjoy a good relationship and it can add much value to their life.

Relationships come in all different levels, some are big and some are small. Personally I don't want a major commitment but do enjoy a lady (or 3) and the sexual fun.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
To those that find some one honest and true , amazing .
To those that have setted with celibicy , good for you.
To those that have lost ,I sympathise .
To those looking, be patient . (easier said then done)
If women and men could first learn to be friends and leave romance out of it altogether they would be so much further ahead.
But no one listens ,no one learns from the mistakes made through out all the centuries including parents ,friends and siblings, people still don't listen , don't look, don't think, and excuse them selves from thinking, and continuing to make the same mistakes over and over.
Women think they have to be mysterious ,what a crock of ________ lie. This mystery garbage is why men have no clue how to communicate with certain women.
If the mystery is because so many lies have been told ,then one must reassess their value of a relationship, because lies and with held information make for DIStrust and dissolve a relationship no matter what it is made of .
Even if those lies are never found out, the charricter of a person knowing the lies with in them taint the thinking in that person making it impossable for a couple to work out problems .
I prefir being single now because so far I have not lied to my self , compared with so many women including my ex, that do not say what they mean, nor mean what they say. And they become mean when they want to clarify the deception they played.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Some of you say you dont care but dont waste any time on your usual BS mockery. Interesting. What about disagreeing respectfully or simply not replying and thus show you dont care as you say?
Because you don't follow your own "rules" mentioned above. ^^^

All you want to do is come here to pick a fight. It's so obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships