Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,002,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
This is why the dating game sucks. Women make all these rules to control and confuse men. And the men who don't play their game and play by their rules to figure out what they want through their complex ways, end up short handed.

Women don't make any rules and the only people that are confused are the ones who give a sh*t.

Why are you trying to figure out what a woman wants? That's stupid. Just be yourself, talk to them and do whatever you feel like doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,245,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
This goes back to the whole concept of "girls say they want one thing, but really want another." Get used to that if you ever want to be successful with them.
Note that you are speaking of girls and he commented on women.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,223,206 times
I'm a little baffled that someone would be a little baffled that men can find girlfriends.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'm a little baffled that someone would be a little baffled that men can find girlfriends.
I'm a little baffled that you are baffled that he baffled his baffles. Baffle?

We need to go deeper.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,722,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I absolutely love my life
I absolutely love my job
I absolutely love my friends
I'm pretty successful at everything I do
I'm very smart with how I manage my life
I have a big master plan set up for the rest of my life that involves me retiring by age 50 (although I enjoy working and may just work after that for the hell of it)
I have zero dating prospects

Cliffnotes:
That video is complete bullchit. Being successful or accomplishing goals doesn't somehow make women fall in love with you. I have plenty of friends who are massive losers who have hot/nice girlfriends
Christ dude, are you just walking up to women and asking "very nice, how much?"? I'm not content with my life, I can't even get a ****ing job, I'm successful at what I do until some random roadblock shows up and takes a **** on my life, and I have no master plan that extends beyond the next week or so and while I don't have much dating luck with women, I don't seem to have the troubles you have.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 AM

11,829 posts, read 12,093,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Alrighty then. You don't want to step outside your comfort zone and make any effort. And that's women's faults of course.
Yes, our fault, because we have it so easy.

But that's the thing...the OP has posted before of his hobbies, which are mostly individual ones, or ones he does with buddies. Not a lot there to work with in connecting with a woman.

He's so trapped inside his own head that he thinks working long hours and only having 2 days off is somehow different from the rest of us who have jobs, work hard, work long hours, work 5 days a week.

He's so trapped inside his own head that he's predetermined that women won't be interested in him without even approaching them.

He's so trapped inside his own head that he believes he should have a woman who is preferrably a fitness model, someone of comparable attractiveness as he is. He's focused on how she looks, not who she is, and that if she's pleasing to his eye, they're a match. That's the kicker. He's overlooking personality. Why is he doing that? Because it's something in HIS personality that is tripping him up. He is AFRAID to approach women. He is AFRAID to get rejected. So he'd rather carp on about how women have it so easy and he's just a helpless and hopeless victim, destined to be "alone" as he has been since he was 15.

The reality he refuses to embrace is all singles have a hard time finding what they're looking for, he's not the only one, he's not that special. I don't care if some men perceive that women have it easier in dating or not, what others are doing doesn't change the fact that he's not having success, and focusing on what others are doing or not doing is not helping him in the least. He's been given advice by both genders, from people who've had dating and relationship successes, but none of us know what we're talking about. Not sure why he keeps asking then.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,228,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Women don't make any rules and the only people that are confused are the ones who give a sh*t.

Why are you trying to figure out what a woman wants? That's stupid. Just be yourself, talk to them and do whatever you feel like doing.

Also, don't give a sh*t. Even if things works out. If the girl come around, and you give a sh*t, you lose anyway.

If the girl doesn't come around and you don't give a sh*t, then you win.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,041,222 times
Your threads are akin to someone who complains about a headache but refuses to take the asprin offered.

If you don't want a solution, STOP whining. A message board is not going to get you any closer to a relationship. I suppose negative attention on a message board is better than none when you can't get any from women in real life.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,245,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post

Also, don't give a sh*t. Even if things works out. If the girl come around, and you give a sh*t, you lose anyway.

If the girl doesn't come around and you don't give a sh*t, then you win.
Win what?

Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,228,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Note that you are speaking of girls and he commented on women.
Same thing, love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships