Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 03:30 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,681,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Today is Friday. Perfect night to go out ands meet girls.
Going out on Fridays is a no - go. I have to wake up at 7:15 tomorrow to work a 10 hour day

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I work a 5 day workweek too but I still find time to go out and meet women various ways. Is the 5 minutes composing a message to a woman online dating saying "hi I'm _____" that taxing? Is starting a convo about getting the same coffee at Starbucks that a girl got going to feel like eternity? If "your time", is that precious to you, then don't bother even wasting time in a relationship.

Really these folks are trying to help you out. When you open your ears and mind to their advice, I guarantee you will be farther along to where you want to go. Believe me, I've done it.

I tried online dating but got nowhere after I sent out about 40 messages (not one response)

That's something where you have to be almost a standup comic in terms of delivering super witty/funny/unique profile and messages. I am very bland in terms of my actual conversations topics...I can just make people like me cause I come across a certain way (very friendly, honest, genuine). None of those things are possible in an online message cause there is no emotion there

As far as your starbucks thing goes, that's not a bad idea for those who can do that (which I have a lot of respect for). For me, it's incredibly awkward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:31 PM

13,667 posts, read 10,064,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
In regards to what sir?
I noticed you are taking things that are being said, a bit literally, some of these seemed to have been said in jest, somewhat sarcastically.

I'm not going to make any diagnoses, but I have something in mind.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I noticed you are taking things that are being said, a bit literally, some of these seemed to have been said in jest, somewhat sarcastically.

I'm not going to make any diagnoses, but I have something in mind.

I don't have the slightest clue in the world what you're talking about

Not a clue

Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
I think he means Aspergers. Smart but socially clueless, often coming across as sullen or arrogant without meaning to.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think he means Aspergers. Smart but socially clueless, often coming across as sullen or arrogant without meaning to.

Socially clueless? I've had a few hundred friends over the years and have worked in sales since I was 18. I can socialize with people with my eyes closed

Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 PM

13,667 posts, read 10,064,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Thank you.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Socially clueless? I've had a few hundred friends over the years and have worked in sales since I was 18. I can socialize with people with my eyes closed
Then why don't you have a girlfriend?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
You don't strike me that way at all. You keep insisting you are well-liked and popular (not to mention good-looking and educated), yet you cannot get a girl to show any interest in you.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Then why don't you have a girlfriend?

Cause socializing with people/making friends/closing deals is about a 1000 times easier than getting a girl

Come on, are you kidding me with that question?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Cause socializing with people/making friends/closing deals is about a 1000 times easier than getting a girl

Come on, are you kidding me with that question?
Nope. I'm not kidding you. If you are so awesome, good looking, sincere, nice, etc. - and EVERYONE loves you - then why don't you have a girlfriend? It seems that the only possible answer in your mind is that it's everyone else's fault and there is no possible way for you to get a girlfriend. Yet TONS of guys have girlfriends and wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships