Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:56 PM

54 posts, read 63,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Can I ask how old you are?
In my mid twenties. Just don't say I should be more mature, please, I already know it but can't just tell myself to be more emotionally mature, it doesn't work like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,682,574 times
OP there's nothing wrong with you

If you listen to the people here, you should be able to live your entire life in complete isolation by yourself and feel perfectly content. This is all nonsense of course, we're social creatures and we need companionship to be mentally healthy. As long as you're not making a man your entire life, I don't see what the issue is

With that being said, what's the problem? Why can't you find a man?

You're in your mid 20s, the world is your oyster - you can date men of any age, what's stopping you?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:02 PM

904 posts, read 1,385,477 times
Wanting to be in a relationship so badly that you get pregnant by a guy just so you can keep him around doesn't seem like a particularly smart course of action.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,786,317 times
Have you read up on Emotional IQ? Might give you some food for thought.

With that said, I have several lady friends who are in their 60's and cannot live without a man, they are now old and needy, finding a man is all they think and talk about, it is an obsession with them, they are very one dimensional, very frustrated and unhappy. I feel sorry for them.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Sounds like you wont be lonely long OP with that new baby on the way.
So you read my previous post... yes, looks like it. Still, I will still be lonely, and you know that. There are different kinds of loneliness, different needs to be fulfilled.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Before I respond to this, answer these questions:

1) Are you pretty? (Do people tell you you're pretty?)
2) How old are you?
3) Where do you live?
4) Roughly, how many guys approach you per month?

The answers to those question will determine my advice to you.
Seriously?

Well, nevermind, here you go:

1. I guess there's nothing wrong with my looks, yes, I do hear every now and then from people that I'm pretty.
2. I'm in my mid 20.
3. London
4. The problem is that I'm spending most of my time at uni at work so there's not really much time and ocassions to meet new guys.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,787,000 times
Lonliness is a perfectly normal human emotion. As much as this society would like everyone to be a self-sufficient island it simply isn't so. People NEED other people! When you aren't getting regular quality time with people you start to feel an emotional hunger that is akin to a feeling of you haven't eaten in days. When people feel hungry for a long while they start to feel desperate. This also applies to romantic relationships. A person can have many friends but if there is no special SO then the hunger begins.
Just as some people have a hard time feeding their physical hunger, some of us have a hard time feeding our emotional hunger.
Sure you can "keep busy" and that might help take your mind off of it but it's always there nagging at you.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,146,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaxx View Post
So you read my previous post... yes, looks like it. Still, I will still be lonely, and you know that. There are different kinds of loneliness, different needs to be fulfilled.
No, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just that at least you've got someone you can always be with soon and that's something to look forward to.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Wanting to be in a relationship so badly that you get pregnant by a guy just so you can keep him around doesn't seem like a particularly smart course of action.
Now you are just jumping into conclusions without knowing all the facts. I have no idea why you are attacking me, I want to be in a happy relationship but I din't get pregnant to keep hi. In fact, I don't want to have kids and we were both involved in it, it's not that I got pregnant without him taking any part in it.

You're very quick at judging people and you know what they say... if you're afraid that others may cheat on you it's because you are they one who cheats... I think it's true about judging people like you do, even without knowing the facts.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
No, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just that at least you've got someone you can always be with soon and that's something to look forward to.
But how having a child without a father would be a good thing for that lil' person? And it's not confirmed yet,I still hope it's not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships