Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,853,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Can we say...hypocrite or maybe poor sense of humor? You agreeing with her will not get you a date via online with her, especially when she just said she was not interested in it.
I'm so glad that some random guy thinks I have a poor sense of humor. Why don't we all just calm down and not take this thread so seriously. She's obviously uptight and needs to just relax a bit. Might help her find someone if she wasn't feeling like she "needed" a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 AM

7,010 posts, read 12,004,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'm so glad that some random guy thinks I have a poor sense of humor. Why don't we all just calm down and not take this thread so seriously. She's obviously uptight and needs to just relax a bit. Might help her find someone if she wasn't feeling like she "needed" a relationship.
You need to work on being funny, and aside from your poor attempt at a joke you gave no real advice or help, you just agreed with her views on online dating...thanks for your contribution!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:42 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,417,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaxx View Post
That's one of my problems, it may sound silly but I have no idea where to meet "quality" guys. All my friends - nice guys - are already taken. I can't just come to a guy I see on a street and start talking to him. I play tennis, enrolled to a course etc. but still can't meet a guy there. I can't wait until Mr Right knocks on my door, I know I have to go out there to find him but I really don't know where else to look for them.

And NO, online dating is NOT for me.
Why is online dating NOT for you? I mean, you're sitting online wailing about the impossibility of meeting anyone and how depressed you are. You could be out meeting people instead. Seems pretty ridiculous to rule out a method that would provide a host of options to you for whatever unknown reason you may have.

I haven't had much traditional "success" with online dating but I've mostly met really cool guys and had a good time on most of my dates. A few are still friends. Some developed into relationships. Others have provided excellent conversations and insights. I've enjoyed myself immensely for the most part.

Most of the time, I think the disasters people report are due to them not reading the obvious red flags in the profiles or arranging dates after only a couple of emails.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,345,179 times
Hole in the soul syndrome. Your choice what you "fill" it with.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,853,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
You need to work on being funny, and aside from your poor attempt at a joke you gave no real advice or help, you just agreed with her views on online dating...thanks for your contribution!
How about you shove it? This is an internet forum, not an episode of Dr. Phil.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,188,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Send a pic my way and maybe I'll come knocking on your door.

Yeah I think online dating is pretty cheesy and pointless and downright weird.
She and Brahma should meet.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,458,879 times
Quote:
Finally it's weekend, I can do all the things I wanted to do all week long but simply didn't have time for that... and what am I doing? I'm sitting at home doing nothing but wasting my time and getting sad.

I feel so lonely I even started to sort out my old pics - with two of my ex bfs. I broke up with one of them about 9 months ago, with the other it's been about 3 years since I last saw him. Today I decided to check their fb account, which I haven't done before. So the ex from 3 years ago has a gf, as I could see on his fb - I saw their pics together and frankly, it didn't upset me at all, which is surprising but I guess after all that time t has no impact on how I feel. The most recent ex - couldn't find out much but I think I don't love him anymore, just miss him a bit... sometime, when I'm down like now.

Still, I feel so lonely now and I feel like crying. I miss having a bf, someone who would care about me and love me. It's been a while now since my last serious relationship and I had only one short fling. Now I'm back to being single. What's wrong with me? I'm worrying that I won't have a bf again :-(
This is a hard time of year to be single. The weather is gray and depressing and every where you look it's happy couples and happy families doing happy couple and happy family things. Every other commercial is about what to give your loved one this holiday season or about how Christmas is the perfect time to get engaged. Having someone special is really thrown in your face right now and makes the singleness stand out all that much more.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:46 PM

17,648 posts, read 22,695,677 times
Quote:
That's one of my problems, it may sound silly but I have no idea where to meet "quality" guys. All my friends - nice guys - are already taken. I can't just come to a guy I see on a street and start talking to him. I play tennis, enrolled to a course etc. but still can't meet a guy there. I can't wait until Mr Right knocks on my door, I know I have to go out there to find him but I really don't know where else to look for them.

And NO, online dating is NOT for me.
Join a spinfishing or flyfishing club, or bird watching, mixed bowling league, perhaps.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,283,994 times
Quote:
Finally it's weekend, I can do all the things I wanted to do all week long but simply didn't have time for that... and what am I doing? I'm sitting at home doing nothing but wasting my time and getting sad.

I feel so lonely I even started to sort out my old pics - with two of my ex bfs. I broke up with one of them about 9 months ago, with the other it's been about 3 years since I last saw him. Today I decided to check their fb account, which I haven't done before. So the ex from 3 years ago has a gf, as I could see on his fb - I saw their pics together and frankly, it didn't upset me at all, which is surprising but I guess after all that time t has no impact on how I feel. The most recent ex - couldn't find out much but I think I don't love him anymore, just miss him a bit... sometime, when I'm down like now.

Still, I feel so lonely now and I feel like crying. I miss having a bf, someone who would care about me and love me. It's been a while now since my last serious relationship and I had only one short fling. Now I'm back to being single. What's wrong with me? I'm worrying that I won't have a bf again :-(
This is interesting.

You say you're not interested in online dating, yet you are suffering from the very reason that online dating exists in the first place.

This -

Finally it's weekend, I can do all the things I wanted to do all week long but simply didn't have time for

No one has time. As each decade grinds by, we are busier and busier trying to keep food on the table and pay the rent.

This is why "online dating" is no longer the Domain of the Creep it once was. All sorts of people use it.

A few sensible ground rules and you will be on your way to a full, active and healthy dating life if you just relax your attitude a little.

You are not the only single, lonely, exhausted young human out there.

Look, you're asking randoms for advice on the net, right? So what's so bad about meeting someone on the net?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:13 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,681,569 times
What is it with this forum's obsession with joining social clubs? I swear that seems to be the answer to everything

You feel terrible loneliness? Join a social club
You Injured yourself? Join a social club
You have aids? Join a social club

What exactly goes on in these mixed bowling leagues anyways?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships