Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 AM

54 posts, read 63,602 times

Advertisements

Finally it's weekend, I can do all the things I wanted to do all week long but simply didn't have time for that... and what am I doing? I'm sitting at home doing nothing but wasting my time and getting sad.

I feel so lonely I even started to sort out my old pics - with two of my ex bfs. I broke up with one of them about 9 months ago, with the other it's been about 3 years since I last saw him. Today I decided to check their fb account, which I haven't done before. So the ex from 3 years ago has a gf, as I could see on his fb - I saw their pics together and frankly, it didn't upset me at all, which is surprising but I guess after all that time t has no impact on how I feel. The most recent ex - couldn't find out much but I think I don't love him anymore, just miss him a bit... sometime, when I'm down like now.

Still, I feel so lonely now and I feel like crying. I miss having a bf, someone who would care about me and love me. It's been a while now since my last serious relationship and I had only one short fling. Now I'm back to being single. What's wrong with me? I'm worrying that I won't have a bf again :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,779,278 times
If you attempt to secure happiness through another you will never find true happiness. It is an inside job, it all starts and ends with you. A BF is not going to resolve your "lonely" issues.

Get out with your friends and family, join a club, meet new people...sitting home feeling sorry for yourself is not the answer.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
http://www.youtube.com/v/UEaKX9YYHiQ

Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,845,333 times
Dating is not marriage. Stop getting so attached to every guy you date. You don't need someone to make you happy. If you make yourself happy and an be happy while being single, that's going to attract higher quality guys to you. Real men like a confident woman with goals and a sense of direction.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 AM

54 posts, read 63,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
If you make yourself happy and an be happy while being single, that's going to attract higher quality guys to you. Real men like a confident woman with goals and a sense of direction.
That's one of my problems, it may sound silly but I have no idea where to meet "quality" guys. All my friends - nice guys - are already taken. I can't just come to a guy I see on a street and start talking to him. I play tennis, enrolled to a course etc. but still can't meet a guy there. I can't wait until Mr Right knocks on my door, I know I have to go out there to find him but I really don't know where else to look for them.

And NO, online dating is NOT for me.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,845,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaxx View Post
That's one of my problems, it may sound silly but I have no idea where to meet "quality" guys. All my friends - nice guys - are already taken. I can't just come to a guy I see on a street and start talking to him. I play tennis, enrolled to a course etc. but still can't meet a guy there. I can't wait until Mr Right knocks on my door, I know I have to go out there to find him but I really don't know where else to look for them.

And NO, online dating is NOT for me.
Send a pic my way and maybe I'll come knocking on your door.

Yeah I think online dating is pretty cheesy and pointless and downright weird.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 AM

11,384 posts, read 9,302,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaxx View Post
Finally it's weekend, I can do all the things I wanted to do all week long but simply didn't have time for that... and what am I doing? I'm sitting at home doing nothing but wasting my time and getting sad.

I feel so lonely I even started to sort out my old pics - with two of my ex bfs. I broke up with one of them about 9 months ago, with the other it's been about 3 years since I last saw him. Today I decided to check their fb account, which I haven't done before. So the ex from 3 years ago has a gf, as I could see on his fb - I saw their pics together and frankly, it didn't upset me at all, which is surprising but I guess after all that time t has no impact on how I feel. The most recent ex - couldn't find out much but I think I don't love him anymore, just miss him a bit... sometime, when I'm down like now.

Still, I feel so lonely now and I feel like crying. I miss having a bf, someone who would care about me and love me. It's been a while now since my last serious relationship and I had only one short fling. Now I'm back to being single. What's wrong with me? I'm worrying that I won't have a bf again
You are in good company here and I suspect you are more of a lurker.

Stop thinking negitive thoughts. Although you say otherwise looking up old BF's is not going to do anything for you except make you feel at least a bit sadder than you already are. There is nothng wrong with you and you appear to have standards as to being particular on who you go out with. Many are not successful in dating. I suggest you stop worring about it and do what you can to make yourself a bit more happier than you are now. Live for you!
With the right attitude you can do this on your own.

As far as your desire to have a BF I suggest to smile more and try approching other single men with small talk you may like. It's much harder for a man as they are always expected to make the first move.
FWIW it's been 5.5 years since my last relationship and I am living just fine. I'm better off now being single than I was married in more ways than one. There are women in relationships that wish they were in your place instead so that is something to think about. In other words, it could be worse.

I do miss being in a relationship but whether it happens again or not is not something that I am concerned with. Like I said it's all in the attitude.

Best wishes to you!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,819,494 times
Quote:
I do too but I met someone really nice and now I no longer have a profile and that weirdness is out of my life. Besides, how could it be weirder than trying to solicit a date with a random girl on an internet forum where anybody can read it?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,993,834 times
So online dating is bad but online advice is fine. Sounds a bit contradictory to me, but hey, what do I know.

It sounds like you don't really miss the person your boyfriend was, you just miss being with someone, which is infinitely worse, because that is an issue within yourself, not between you and another person. If you can't be comfortable on your own and in your own skin then you have some serious dependency issues. Dating and being with someone is not so you can get over your loneliness and be happy again, it's so you can share your happiness with someone and feel good about them feeling the same way.

I believe that everything happens for a reason people change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together - Marilyn Monroe

Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,993,834 times
Quote:
Send a pic my way and maybe I'll come knocking on your door.

Can we say...hypocrite or maybe poor sense of humor? You agreeing with her will not get you a date via online with her, especially when she just said she was not interested in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships