Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,420,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had the impression many guys think friendships with women are a waste of time.
They most certainly are when they are lopsided. And, if lopsided, they're not really friendships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,226,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
They most certainly are when they are lopsided. And, if lopsided, they're not really friendships.
Yeah, there's no point in being friends with anyone if they don't respect.

That's what "friendzone" really is: girl likes guy, guy settles for friendship, girl walks all over guy, guy allows it.

Being just friends (mutual respect) is fine though.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Everyone here is way too obsessed with being in the friend zone. There's nothing wrong with being friends with a woman... the only thing you guys have to do is learn to move on and have some damn self respect. If a girl isn't in to you, who cares?! If she just wants to be friends and you think she's a really cool girl.. stay friends with her. Just get over her, find someone new. There's a million women out there, go find someone who likes you. Every girl you approach isn't going to be into you, if she's not.. don't try to win her over.. believe to yourself that you can find someone who is.

I approach women all the time, and if I meet someone cool but she's not into me.. why not continue talking to her? I just simply go and approach new girls and then I have a girl to joke about other girls I've approached.

If you guys would stop making up all these fantasies and weird stories about "how things could be" with a girl you don't even know then you wouldn't be in the friend zone, you'd have a healthy relationship.

Learn to move on, learn to respect yourself and you'll be just fine.
I mostly agree with this. If you truly care about someone that just wants to be a friend I would imagine it would be really hard. However, being friend zoned can be a good way to network to other potential girls or at the very least practice for how you should act around a female. You could also potentially just make a very good friend that will have your back. I think the thing I've never understood about this is that I don't actively shop for friends. I've always had enough of them so I don't understand the trying to make a friend out of not having chemistry. I know it's different for everyone though.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,628,976 times
Absolutely true. Takes a person with low self-esteem to stick around and entertain someone that has no feelings for them. Men are the absolute worst at this.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,213,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Because you can stay friends and get with her friends (or potentially get with her at a later date).

It's never a good idea to get pissy when you get rejected.
How is it getting "pissy"? I'm not angry i just elect to stop talking to her again. Your acting like if I see her I'm going to curse her out or something lol.

And the whole "hook me up with her friends" thing has mostly been not a good experience. Well for me at least

Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,226,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
How is it getting "pissy"? I'm not angry i just elect to stop talking to her again. Your acting like if I see her I'm going to curse her out or something lol.

And the whole "hook me up with her friends" thing has mostly been not a good experience. Well for me at least
It CAN work in certain situations, depending on the girl.

I have found that many of my close female friends are reluctant to hook me up with their friends though. But you can still meet the girls and become friends with them yourself through your female friends.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,213,433 times
Female friends have tried to hook me up with their friends when i was single like 4 times in my life. 3 of the 4 times she was unnactractive and I declined, the other time the girl was really cute but she was very annoying and clingy. But we started sleeping together casually and I let her know that was all it was. She for some reason thought it was a relationship and said I lied to her, complained to my friend and then it was just a messed up situation. I try to stay away from being "hooked up", but that's just my opinion

Old 12-16-2012, 01:57 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,420,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Female friends have tried to hook me up

I try to stay away from being "hooked up"
Yes, when line 2 is preceded by line 1. They don't have YOUR best interests in mind.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,367,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Nah, I have many female friends.

I enjoy talking to them.

Same here.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,903 times
I actually need to get friend zoned more often here. Back in high school I had a pretty big circle of friends from both genders but the circle has shrunk over the past few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships