Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:47 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,682,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel23 View Post
I had co-worker that was very good looking and had a great personality personality married to a guy 12 years older than her and he was a bum, unemployed with no drive.

These women must be approached 24/7 by men who are attractive, have their stuff together and have a pleasant personality. Why do they pick out a bum over the men who you would think are more qualified?

Do they just have a personal connection with them that makes them overlook all their short comings? Is it somewhat of a low self esteem too where they think that a man who is attractive and successful will cheat on them?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,970,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
These women must be approached 24/7 by men who are attractive, have their stuff together and have a pleasant personality. Why do they pick out a bum over the men who you would think are more qualified?

Do they just have a personal connection with them that makes them overlook all their short comings? Is it somewhat of a low self esteem too where they think that a man who is attractive and successful will cheat on them?
Maybe this woman had/has total control in the relationship ? Some people, men and women, are happy with being in control, among other things.

And not ALL women are approached 24/7 by men. Some women don't get approached as often as you think. But then, some women get approached more often than you can imagine.

And to answer the OP, I don't think I have really noticed an attractive woman with a broke a** guy. In college, a lot of people are pretty broke, so that is kind of an exception. But we were also in our late teens/early 20's, granted, even a lot of college kids have loans, and mom and dad paying bills, so a even though some people said they were broke, it was usually only a matter of time before more money came along somehow.

Someone mentioned some hot guys are broke and get attractive women. Again, in high school or college, sure, but then I don't know many broke guys anymore.
I would have to guess that after college, most people won't get involved with too many broke s/o's.

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 12-17-2012 at 09:05 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 PM

129 posts, read 246,985 times
A couple of years ago we lived next to a single dad. Our kids were about the same age so we would talk to him outside when they would play together. He was not attractive and his personality left a lot to be desired.
The times he would get animated in our conversations was when he talked about his fiance in another state and how one day they would get married and he would move in with her.

One day I'm outside and he calls me over. The fiance has came to town and he introduces me. She is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. I'm talking super model, I think that could be the best looking woman I have ever seen in my life. In my head I'm hoping my husband doesn't come out cause I don't really want him meeting her...LOL. I was blown away and couldn't figure that one out at all.

I did find out later that he was a drug dealer and she was a stripper. He must have been a bad drug dealer though.......his house was foreclosed on

There are gold diggers out there but from the females I know and experiences I've had and seen in my life I would put it at less than 5%. Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd? lol or right crowd

Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,228,236 times
Quote:
I ask this question because I see a lot of guys on the net who like to say that money is a huge aspect of dating/marriage, yet I see tons of guys who are broke as can be not only dating, but often times dating very beautiful and high quality young ladies.

I don't really know how much money matters. It seems like it's only an issue for women who are very successful/come from high income homes or are very materialistic (all of which I believe are a small percentage of women in general). I think a lot of guys cling to the "women love money" thing because it allows them to feel okay about their lack of success
I used to be poor and lived in my parent's basement and cleaned up.

In the age of women working, guys that are bums can do just fine with hot women if they have game.

But so can the guys with money.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I used to be poor and lived in my parent's basement and cleaned up.

You went after younger girls though right? I've known money means nothing to women below the age of 25 for a while now, curious how much it matters to the 25+ crowd

Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
You went after younger girls though right? I've known money means nothing to women below the age of 25 for a while now, curious how much it matters to the 25+ crowd
I dated girls of all ages.

Cougars love to baby young, poor guys.

I make a significant amount of money now, but I never tell girls this. If they ask me what I do, I usually either evade the question or say it really fast and change the subject.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Cougars love to baby young, poor guys.

Really?

How do you know if an attractive 30-35+ year old woman would be open to dating a younger man?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,408,735 times
Quote:
I see a lot of guys on the net who like to say that money is a huge aspect of dating/marriage.
And how many of those guys have lots of money?

None.

If they did, they wouldn't be posting randomly on the 'net about this topic. Men who post that are bitter and blame the fact they have no money on why they can't score. They don't bother looking at themselves as to why they are 40 year old virgins.

Just think about how insane the comment is. How many married people are rich? Not many. But in this scenario money is supposed to be a "huge aspect" of it?

Come on...

Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Really?

How do you know if an attractive 30-35+ year old woman would be open to dating a younger man?
I hit on them and see what happens.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I hit on them and see what happens.

Don't you get a lot of rejection doing that? I can't imagine that a lot of 35+ year old women would be open to dating a much younger man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships