Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,335,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
From the article...

Either you will go about the task of seeing to those needs by learning a unique set of skills, or the world will reject you, no matter how kind, giving and polite you are. You will be poor, you will be alone, you will be left out in the cold.
Does that seem mean, or crass, or materialistic? What about love and kindness -- don't those things matter? Of course. As long as they result in you doing things for people that they can't get elsewhere. For you see ...

Is this really the attitude you are promoting, OP?

I won't reject those women. That's exactly what I'm looking for. A nice little social reject who doesn't care to play the rat race game that is life.
I'm pretty sure you missed the point that followed. The author wrote that being kind, giving, and polite are the bare minimum. Having those qualities are kind of the same as hospital who, in their advertising, say that they care. In my mind, you damn well better.

Nope. The author was dead on. Either you get it or you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,373,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Some guys have a decent job, work out every day, are in good shape, and still can't get a date. Guys can't get women because it's hard to get women.
No it's not. I don't have a job, I don't work out, I'm in ok shape. I can get dates.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,176,129 times
I actually died several months ago and can still pull dates. Come on guys, just have to ramp up your game.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:36 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,995,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. So I see a pattern here:

"Dude. This article is soooo true." -- Guy who actually enjoys success with women.

"Oh, this article is a bunch of baloney." -- Guy who doesn't enjoy success with women. Then the poster in question rattles off all his fine, fine qualities and can't begin to understand why women aren't flocking to his apartment door, licking their lips, and asking him to turn them into his Gorean love slaves.
The article in itself is intricately crafted to be self-fulfilling. Disagreement would automatically imply that.

But I definitely disagree with the notion that one's inability to get a date has a significant correlation with being a less than better person. Just take a look at the sort of people IRL that are actually in relationships. If the obvious diversity in the people - with respect to class/looks/personality/intelligence etc - that DO get dates isn't sufficient evidence to refute your claim, then I'm at a loss for words.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,181,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm pretty sure you missed the point that followed. The author wrote that being kind, giving, and polite are the bare minimum. Having those qualities are kind of the same as hospital who, in their advertising, say that they care. In my mind, you damn well better.

Nope. The author was dead on. Either you get it or you don't.
Yea...

I understand what he's trying to say. Improve your goods and the ladies will come a 'callin.

Well, the last woman who rejected me (I should say rejected me while knowing me well, there have been others since then) ... 1) begged me to play guitar for her (which the article suggest you do), 2) told me how funny I was many times, 3) used to ask me what places in NYC to go to for fun, 4) said I'm smart, 5) said she was jealous that me and my friends did interesting things. That's all verbatim, none of it is exaggerated.

This is not to whine, just that I think it's not a good attitude to improve yourself for the goal of getting women, because you may find once you get there and still get rejected, you'll make yourself bitter.

Best to just do what you do FOR YOU, and take the rejections as they come.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM

26,711 posts, read 41,912,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I do too, but i'm not willing to change my personality to get it. I think i'm a pretty decent guy with a lot of good things to offer. I'm far from perfect, but if women are that picky that none of them, not even obese women, are willing to accept me the way i am, then they can go ******. I'm sick of trying to bend over backwards trying to figure out what women want. It's just not worth the frustration anymore. In the future, i think more and more men will come to the conclusion that they aren't willing to meet such excessive demands and they would be better off just paying to have their needs satisfied.
Question here at the end of the day is, how is that working out for you?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,192,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
LOL it will be working out a lot better when i get paid on Friday! It's not working out too well right now, i'm broke.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It's not.

I don't like to point fingers, but I read the article, and lpfan was the one who sprang to mind throughout the entire article. I think we've seen nearly all of those excuses from him that were listed in the article. So when a man can't, won't, doesn't want to acknowledge any of it as being true, there isn't anywhere positive to go from there that will make things improve for him.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,192,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's not.

I don't like to point fingers, but I read the article, and lpfan was the one who sprang to mind throughout the entire article. I think we've seen nearly all of those excuses from him that were listed in the article. So when a man can't, won't, doesn't want to acknowledge any of it as being true, there isn't anywhere positive to go from there that will make things improve for him.
I acknowledge it's TRUE, i'm not disputing the logic. But do i really want to live in a cruel and unfair world like that, where women are so picky and demanding? It's just not worth it anymore. Might as well spend my money on guaranteed results.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,064,398 times
This thread and article couldn't be more fitting for the author of the thread.

I think that when he caught this article, he got a mental boner and he posted it lol.

The article brought up hippies. Good enough I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships