Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:05 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,229,686 times

Advertisements

Props times a million! One of the best articles I've ever read.

I just posted that video on my fb LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,108,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I thought the language of the article was humorous, but then I appreciate fine snark when I read it. I more or less agreed with it and certainly did not react with a "how dare he address me in such a manner? Harumph!" I mean, it's a Cracked article. He was just trying to rant and be kinda funny. It wasn't aimed at me or you personally, unless it's reflecting something you already think about yourself...?
Yep!! The article even mentions that many guys who will overlook the content of something because they don't like the tone...and it's evidenced numerous times right in this thread!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,197,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And CD?
Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yep!! The article even mentions that many guys who will overlook the content of something because they don't like the tone...and it's evidenced numerous times right in this thread!
Or...it could be guys who do just find with women and didn't care for the article because of the way it's written.

The content doesn't apply to me.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,604,535 times
I'm not the biggest fan of Cracked, as many of their articles go a bit overboard with the expletives, which can weaken the impact of the intended message. BUT this particular article was an excellent read, AND I'm glad that it was written with a harsh tone. The article was brutally honest. Sometimes that's necessary to get through the thick skulls of certain people. I knew right away that this article would strike a raw nerve with a number of guys and put them on the defensive...and based on some of the article's comments, some posts in this thread and elsewhere, that was indeed the case.

The points in it are applicable to dating, relationships, friendships, employment, and on and on. Guys who have success in dating typically have skills, traits and talents that generate romantic attraction from some women (usually these things elicit the right kind of emotional reaction and connection from the woman), and those guys know how to demonstrate what they offer so that others notice. It could be anything from a sense of humor to having musical ability to being good with your hands...or thousands of other examples. People like to be pleasantly surprised. Every person is a unique puzzle however, so there's no guarantee that whatever you offer will resonate with that specific woman.

Being a nice guy or whatever is...well...nice. But that alone doesn't produce a spark. You are little more than a foundation slab (with no building on top of it), or a blank canvas. How the heck is that supposed to be interesting to someone else. Furthermore, having a well-paying job, a nice car, owning a home, blah blah...sure those are nice accomplishments, but as far as making you interesting to others, they mean little.

Doers at the very least give themselves a chance to succeed, and are far more likely to intrigue others. People who sit back in their well-worn computer armchairs and do nothing but whine, bitterly complain and criticize have almost zero chance to succeed. It is generally better to try and fail, than to not try at all. Both men and women who adopt the "doer" mentality very early in life tend to have a leg up on those who wait until later or those who never adopt it. There is less and less of this mentality in younger generations, thanks to an increased sense of entitlement.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 PM

206 posts, read 269,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Seriously. I couldn't make it through the entire thing because of the tone and language. I don't like being lectured by some Internet bad*** who's probably made a living sleeping with half blacked out sorority girls who get passed around more than a communion plate at a Baptist church.

That attitude makes his opinions irrelevant to me.

Also, where can I get a scarf like that.
In the immortal words of Eminem: "Will Smith ain't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do. So **** him and **** you too."

The dude is right. Whether you like his tone or not is irrelevant.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,197,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needanamethatisnttaken View Post
In the immortal words of Eminem: "Will Smith ain't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do. So **** him and **** you too."

And I really don't care, because this article is irrelevant to me to begin with.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,894,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needanamethatisnttaken View Post

Well he can cuss all the he wants. Doesn't mean I have to overlook how he presents what he presents. He comes off like a and I still want to whoop his a&^ after I read that. I love the content but he is just begging for an a&@-whipping the way he presents it like a classic internet tough guy (which I totally despise.)

Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM

37,793 posts, read 46,303,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Oh please. This is so condescending. You are just assuming because someone can't get a date, he's a loser. Some guys have a decent job, work out every day, are in good shape, and still can't get a date. Guys can't get women because it's hard to get women. One can have a lot of good qualities and still have trouble attracting a mate.
And so you've completely missed the entire point. Go back and watch it again....and listen this time.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM

37,793 posts, read 46,303,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
That's way too much work for me. Women are so picky. I'm better off just paying for it.
And there you go.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 PM

206 posts, read 269,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well he can cuss all the he wants. Doesn't mean I have to overlook how he presents what he presents. He comes off like a and I still want to whoop his a&^ after I read that. I love the content but he is just begging for an a&@-whipping the way he presents it like a classic internet tough guy (which I totally despise.)
Right. He's the internet tough guy but you're the one talking about how you want to "whoop his ass" on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships