Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM

197 posts, read 450,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Calling a guy "cupcake" is not really a good thing. Guys who are cupcakes are too soft and sweet. I think creating drama would work, though personally it would be hard for me to do that, it would feel forced and phony.

Maybe just a little drama, not so you're like an animal trainer but more going out on hot dates, nightclubbing, attending Greenpeace demonstrations, river kayaking, whatever.
Lol well that's kinda tough to interpret, but still, she went from calling me that to not responding to me at all. The whole "creating drama" thing... uh, I don't even know what I would do. Whenever I hear stuff like that, and the whole "no contact" approach (the supposed idea that ignoring them makes them go crazy and want you more...) seem a bit risky to me, but I don't even know anymore, maybe I should just change my approach at this point... girls love to play these games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
If you're talking to a girl and she glances down at her iPhone...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and doesn't smile at you at least once...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and she doesn't ask any questions about you...walk away. I've got more, but we can get to those later
This is great advice, though it applies to guys as well.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,103 times
Quote:

Maybe just a little drama, not so you're like an animal trainer but more going out on hot dates, nightclubbing, attending Greenpeace demonstrations, river kayaking, whatever.
No, those things are all emotionally safe. The dirty little secret of male/female relationships is that people(both men and women) like a little emotional resistance from the opposite sex. They like a little bit of pain mixed in with the pleasure because we can't stand it when things are too perfect or nice. If the OP is trying to be genuine and appease these girls they will lose interest in a hurry because girls this age are really after emotional stimulation before they settle down into married life.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,315,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
Most young women (age 18-25)... never upfront, flakey, don't know what they want.

To sum it all up, I feel a lot of it comes down to the girl, how she's feeling, and I feel a lot of younger women (age 18-25) just tend to go with their emotions, change their minds so quickly. Thoughts?
I've dated, and occasionally still date, in that age range, and I certainly never felt that MOST of those girls acted as you describe.

I can't relate.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I've dated, and occasionally still date, in that age range, and I certainly never felt that MOST of those girls acted as you describe.

I can't relate.
Depends on the type of girl, I said most, not all. And I do know of plenty of people who agree with my notion.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,172,511 times
Oh, I forgot to mention something. Let her see you talking to other women. They're very competitive, women are more interested in you if other women are paying attention.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention something. Let her see you talking to other women. They're very competitive, women are more interested in you if other women are paying attention.
Definitely heard this one too... women are weird.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM

264 posts, read 309,475 times
Yup, it has nothing to do with you. At all. It's all women's fault.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
Not sure what the age demographic here is, probably older... but here goes.

I'm 20, pretty decent looking guy, work out, go to college, have a job. But I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough. Why? It just seems like I can be talking to a girl, going out, things could be going well, but then any moment, she can just randomly stop responding and I never talk to her again. This has happened countless times, and no, I don't come on too strong, don't come off as too clingy.

Most recent experience, I've been talking to this girl a year younger than I over my Christmas break who I used to work with. We hung out once (mostly just talked/hung out at my place, and I didn't do anything/make any move... I mean it is only our first time actually hanging out just the two of us, don't wanna take it too fast), she shows me some signs of being interested (calls me names like 'cupcake', tells me how she told her friends/family about me) but we plan 2 days ago to hang out today... I mention it an hour before we are supposed to hang out, she says she completely forgot, and she'll see if she still can. Kind of frustrated, I just say "ah, okay" and nearly 10 hours later, no response from her.

So that's that with that girl, most likely. Probably will end up not talking to her again, I mean what can I do? I don't wanna flip out on her or bug her any more, apparently if she forgot she wasn't really as interested, even though she made it seem so before. It really makes me feel that girls talk to numerous guys, and I'm sure I'm not the only one she's talking to at any given moment. Makes me think the competition is tough, and I may be a good candidate, but maybe she's talking to another dude who's richer, or better looking. For all I know, this girl could be hanging out with some dude right now.

To sum it all up, I feel a lot of it comes down to the girl, how she's feeling, and I feel a lot of younger women (age 18-25) just tend to go with their emotions, change their minds so quickly. Thoughts?
Yeah, hi. It's called "youth?" This isn't 1789 when women marry at 15 and die at 40. Part of being young is having your head up your butt, talking to a lot of different people, and doing what you want, including not being beholden to noncommittal nothing-dates like "hanging out," because then the day comes when you grow up, have responsibilities, maybe have kids, and you can't do that anymore.

Don't age yourself before your time. Go out, have fun, live it up, and don't take it so seriously. If she was in her late 20s, then she'd have a maturity problem. 19? Not so much.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM

227 posts, read 420,828 times
It depends on the maturity of the woman obviously! I am honest from the beginning when dating. I never exchange phone numbers with someone if I don't want them to call me. If they call, I pick up the phone. If I am not interested, I let them know immediately. I never go on dates unless there is a mutual attraction. Games are for kindergarteners....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships