Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM

197 posts, read 450,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So you just want us to agree with you and stop offering advice ...
No. Sorry if I made it seem that way. I wanna see what people have to say on the subject, because it seems like for the most part, a lot of people on these boards are good at actually reading things through and making good points.

Chaotic, you nailed it in my opinion. I think that was a big problem with the girl I mentioned, always talking about shopping, work, her friends, she is on Twitter/Facebook a lot... just seems so preoccupied. I had a girl a few months back tell me I'm 'like the perfect guy' for her, yet she pretty much stopped talking to me, going on and on about how busy she is with her two jobs and not having the time... ookay. It can depend a lot on the willingness of a girl. In terms of women not having the foggiest idea how to be a decent partner/wife, well... not all women... but definitely less than in the past.

I really hope this does not turn into a men vs. women thing here though, I'm not saying men are saints and deserve a perfect woman. It can just be frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
wow you're so unique.

Question: did you 'go away' to college? or is this like a community college type?
Nice username to post content ratio. I don't mean to brag about myself, I'm not the best looking, most unique guy, but I got some confidence about myself, not overconfidence.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,725,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
Nice username to post content ratio. I don't mean to brag about myself, I'm not the best looking, most unique guy, but I got some confidence about myself, not overconfidence.
You need to realize that a large majority of guys on the dating scene are exactly like you described yourself: 20, pretty decent looking guy, work out, go to college, have a job... there's got to be more than this.

There's also a good chance that these girls are just looking to hook-up, whereas it sounds like you're wanting to actually start a relationship.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM

201 posts, read 236,443 times
Quote:
I had a girl a few months back tell me I'm 'like the perfect guy' for her, yet she pretty much stopped talking to me, going on and on about how busy she is with her two jobs and not having the time... ookay.
Well, and that's the thing. When someone's life is all about them, they really are good for nothing. So they need others to validate them. They do this by telling you all about all the "important" stuff going on in their lives. Everything from their college classes, parties, clubs, their job, their trip to Europe, all their totally awesome friends, etc. etc. blah blah blah. Shallow!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
You need to realize that a large majority of guys on the dating scene are exactly like you described yourself: 20, pretty decent looking guy, work out, go to college, have a job... there's got to be more than this.

There's also a good chance that these girls are just looking to hook-up, whereas it sounds like you're wanting to actually start a relationship.
Somewhat true, sort of goes back to my point about competition being tough.

Woah, the girl's looking to hook up, the guy's looking for a relationship? Interesting... don't know about that one. Usually seems to be the other way around. Sometimes I can tell a girl's intentions... the girl I mentioned, I wasn't going to be hooking up with her the first time hanging out, I could tell she isn't that type.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Well, and that's the thing. When someone's life is all about them, they really are good for nothing. So they need others to validate them. They do this by telling you all about all the "important" stuff going on in their lives. Everything from their college classes, parties, clubs, their job, their trip to Europe, all their totally awesome friends, etc. etc. blah blah blah. Shallow!
If they don't want a relationship though, you can't force them. But it makes it a waste whenever you're talking to them and they lead you on, then bam, not gonna respond to ya anymore.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,180,130 times
Quote:
......she shows me some signs of being interested (calls me names like 'cupcake', tells me how she told her friends/family about me).....
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
It's really all about the drama. If you can't create a steady stream of drama both negative and positive the girl will probably lose interest and find someone who can.
Calling a guy "cupcake" is not really a good thing. Guys who are cupcakes are too soft and sweet. I think creating drama would work, though personally it would be hard for me to do that, it would feel forced and phony.

Maybe just a little drama, not so you're like an animal trainer but more going out on hot dates, nightclubbing, attending Greenpeace demonstrations, river kayaking, whatever.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,342,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Nowadays, if you point out the differences between men and women you get accused of being a sexist, misogynistic pig.
Notice how the person who takes your order at a sit down restaurant is now referred to as a 'server?'

'Nuf said.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM

201 posts, read 236,443 times
Quote:
If they don't want a relationship though, you can't force them. But it makes it a waste whenever you're talking to them and they lead you on, then bam, not gonna respond to ya anymore.
Well, you're still really young. Understanding women is an art, and it takes time. Once you spend enough time around them, you will be able to sense true potential and availability within the first 30 seconds. Here's a couple quick pointers that you should apply no matter what. If you're talking to a girl and she glances down at her iPhone...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and doesn't smile at you at least once...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and she doesn't ask any questions about you...walk away. I've got more, but we can get to those later

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,856 times
Quote:

I think that many young girls like to be "entertained." One day they want some laughter, the next day they want some heartbreak. They want what they want, when they want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships