Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
It's winter time. Have you seen her in reduced clothing yet?

Yeah, girls still wear mini skirts out in the cold, there's no doubt she's skinny now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised how many women there are out there who look hot, but used to be ... not. Same goes for men. Why advise men to hit the gym and get in shape, if women are going to be shocked and possibly put off to discover that their hunk used to be a blob? Why do any self-improvement of any kind at all, if this is going to be the reaction?

That's very true. I think you're definitely right.. I think it's something to look up to. Not too many people can really lose weight like that, or have the willpower to go through with it.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Chiming in as a woman, the only thing that *might* be something to look for, is HOW she lost the weight. If she simply exercises more, eats healthier/less portions/etc, then that's one thing, it's a good thing, a positive lifestyle change.

If she's a binge/purge/eating disorder risk, that might be a whole other can of worms. It doesn't appear that way from what you say, however. The other thing might be that she "overcompensates" now, and that may or may not be a big deal to you. I know a few people (of both genders) who have lost a lot of weight and gone full-circle where they hold an open disdain for anyone who is overweight now, and that annoys me. Again, OP, it doesn't seem to look like she does that either.

I say enjoy and proceed with only the same caution you would with anyone else. EVERYONE has a past, why is this any different?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

I just can't believe that she lost 45 pounds

At least it wasn't the opposite

Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,746 times
burgler, you make me laugh.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
There is always a risk of her going back to how she was physically.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
They are normally down to earth and very humble as opposed to girls who are hot their whole lives. One of the nicest girls I've dated.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Seriously?

Ive lost over 40lbs in the last year myself. I would hate to think that someone would hold that against me. Wtf?

Damned if you do, damned if you stay fat.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dating a girl who used to be fat.

Have you guys dated someone who used to be fat but lost a lot of weight (by working out and good diet)?

I guess, I meant to say.. would this affect you at all?
This is a tough one. Since there is no mention of illness we will assume she was fat due to reason other than medical issue. So she's healthy and has always been healthy.

I keep thinking about Biggest Loser winner Michelle Aguilar who went from being gross and un-dateable to HOT after she lost like 300 pounds or so:
http://www.mommygoggles.com/wp-conte...le-aguilar.jpg

I would have to consider her family as well. Does the "fat gene" run in her family? Is her mom, sisters and cousins all fat as well? Has she commited herself to leading life on the straight and narrow - eating right and exercising and REALLY REALLY REALLY paying attention to proper nutrition?

If she was fat for no reason other than being fed horrible food by her parents growing up, and being ignorant to proper nutrition and exercise, only to change her ways and becoming like a total Crossfit chick, being committed to life and lifestyle changes to make them permanent, then I would probably consider dating her. But she would HAVE to be like a total Crossfit, athletic, LOVES sporting activities, outdoor person.

If she lost weight due to surgery or she fails to show/prove that she is committed to healthy living/eating that I would absolutely NOT date her.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,863 times
You know, now that I've thought about it a bit more, it could actually be a good thing. Still, she has to have made a commitment to her healthier/happier/more active lifestyle, but she will probably be more appreciative of all that she has (you, her health, energy, outlook on life, etc.) which would make her a dang good catch. She knows what its like to be fat, unhealthy, unattractive, slow, etc. so now, in her newer, better, faster, slimmer, hotter, fitter body, she will be more apt to maintain the healthier lifestyle because she's seen what life is like on the "other side" and probably wants to never EVER go there again.

You could be a very lucky man if this is the type of gal you've found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships