Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you kiss on the first date?
Yes, most times 18 19.35%
No, that's too fast 17 18.28%
Depends on what he ate earlier... 1 1.08%
Only if I charge for it! 4 4.30%
Only if he makes the first move? 4 4.30%
Case by case basis 51 54.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,009 times

Advertisements

Alright guys.. I'm initiating a new thread topic because I'm angry, bored, and confused!

You all pretty much caught my "I... have a date!" thread last weekend, ya?
He asked if he could kiss me when it was over. I haven't heard back from him since that night now.
(and I did send a friendly little "hey, what's up, you want to get together this weekend" kind of non-threatening email to try and feel things out.. if something came up, or his feelings changed... or... anything?)

*deep sigh*

Did kissing on the first date ruin things? Does it go against people's better judgement? Does it set a bad or somehow misleading precedent? I couldn't answer a yes or no... because I think it's entirely on a case by case basis. Our date went really well. We both had a blast.. what gives!

But I'm opening it up to the masses for their insight. Help me understand what went wrong.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,551 times
I'd actually rather wait until I get to know him a little better...besides, God only knows where his mouth has been prior to our date

Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,178,892 times
Oh Please!!!

Any man who doesn't call again because you kissed on the first date is an IDIOT!!!!

Kissing to me is definitely a case by case basis!

If he doesn't call again I doubt it was the kiss. And don't give up on him yet , hon.
Men are notoriously slow about some things.
What seems like forever to us, women, apparently is no time for them!

Must be that alternate reality thing! LOL

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
It really is case by case.I really don't think it has to do with kissing.Maybe he is busy. Give him time.Get another date.keep busy!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 PM

33 views and only 3 responses.. I guess a lot of people out there suck at kissing! ...no pun intended.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,034 times
OK, kitty, here's another $0.02 for the piggy bank. First, I cannot imagine any guy thinking less of you because you kissed on the first date. That's just plain ridiculous. So you can stop second-guessing yourself on that part of it. In all honesty, if he hasn't called by now, that would seem to indicate lack of interest... or maybe second thoughts.... but it could very well be that the guy just wants someone who lives closer. You really don't know why he hasn't called back... and maybe you won't ever know. But, from what you described, it sounded like you enjoyed the date. Again... be careful of those expectations and live in the moment. And I think you're the cat's meow and well worth a 75-mile drive. Believe in yourself.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:31 PM

That's messed up. I'll fly to Alaska to explore possible love interests... and this guy can't drive 49 miles?

At least I'm getting a somewhat informative poll out of an apparently bad date. mmm, thanks Shuke.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
It's strange how you can have a great time with someone and really feel a connection then they don't call you.

1. I think if you go on a date with someone and decide for whatever reason you don't want to see them again, the polite thing to do is call and say so much.

2. There can by any number of reasons why someone isn't interested after a date. Don't ask them why and don't bother thinking about it. We all are different people and sometimes we can have a great time with someone, but in the end we just know that it's not going to be the person for us.

I ALWAYS kiss on the first date. Heck, I've been known to kiss the first night I meet someone

Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,292,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Alright guys.. I'm initiating a new thread topic because I'm angry, bored, and confused!

You all pretty much caught my "I... have a date!" thread last weekend, ya?
He asked if he could kiss me when it was over. I haven't heard back from him since that night now.
(and I did send a friendly little "hey, what's up, you want to get together this weekend" kind of non-threatening email to try and feel things out.. if something came up, or his feelings changed... or... anything?)

*deep sigh*

Did kissing on the first date ruin things? Does it go against people's better judgement? Does it set a bad or somehow misleading precedent? I couldn't answer a yes or no... because I think it's entirely on a case by case basis. Our date went really well. We both had a blast.. what gives!

But I'm opening it up to the masses for their insight. Help me understand what went wrong.
I can't imagine why someone would ASK to kiss you on a first date and not be interested.... Doesn't make sense.

I'm guessing something else is going on. Some other reason he hasn't gotten back to you, but if I'm wrong??? Try again, or just go have fun with friends or something and try letting love find you for a change.

As for your poll??? Well, I'm guessing based on the wording (gender specific) that I'm not supposed to answer, but no, I can't imagine a guy having a problem with you kissing him on the first date..... Don't worry about that.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,925 times
Maybe this guy has a rule that if she lets me kiss her on the first date then she's too easy.I don't see nothing wrong with a little peck kiss if the date went really good.Yall didn't tongue wrestle did ya?

Last edited by CabinFever; 10-17-2007 at 04:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships