Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What happens to guys like that in your experience?
They usually end up being single for life 11 18.97%
They usually marry the first girl they date or fall in love with 19 32.76%
They usually date some girls when they are 21-35 and then settle down and marry one 22 37.93%
They end up being players 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM

58 posts, read 91,207 times

Advertisements

Some of my friends say that once they get a career and start working, they start clowning out and going wild and having tons of girlfriends and lots of affairs, basically they turn into players but my other friend says that they usually end up being alone for life. I will post 4 options on the poll and from your personal experience you pick the one that has often been the case.

Some people say if they were in a small conservative town which did not look highly upon having lots of relationships they can move out and become that player or what not.

I am 18 and almost going to be 19 very soon. I have not had a girlfriend before, no first kiss, no sex or anything but I certainly do not want to be the guy who marries the first girl he dates, I have to experiment. Eitherways enough about me, I just want to get information on the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
It's not as unusual as you probably think.

Men on average have significantly less experience than women their own age.

20 year old virgins are not unusual.... it might seem like it though because no man advertises that fact HA!

If you want experience with women then my advice is to cast a wide net. Do not worry about finding "the one" it's a numbers game for what you're looking for

Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM

77 posts, read 151,884 times
It depends on the guy. He could end up alone or not.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM

I am actually 18, gonna be 19 soon.

My high school was very small in size and it was in a bad area. High STD rates where I live and most women are not physically appealing (believe me, my standards are not high but the girls where I live are really not even okay looking).

Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 PM

530 posts, read 779,884 times
What happens to a guy like that?

Well, they might have been a shy country boy living in the sticks who many, many years later ended up on city data with a user name of Funny how?, that's what happens!!
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
I don't think that's any more unusual than a guy who slept with a dozen girls by the time he turns 20.

Some guys just choose to date later. I met plenty in college who didn't date in high school, and many didn't marry the first girl they dated. Nor did they become total players.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavinFlag View Post
Some of my friends say that once they get a career and start working, they start clowning out and going wild and having tons of girlfriends and lots of affairs, basically they turn into players but my other friend says that they usually end up being alone for life. I will post 4 options on the poll and from your personal experience you pick the one that has often been the case.

Some people say if they were in a small conservative town which did not look highly upon having lots of relationships they can move out and become that player or what not.

I am 18 and almost going to be 19 very soon. I have not had a girlfriend before, no first kiss, no sex or anything but I certainly do not want to be the guy who marries the first girl he dates, I have to experiment. Eitherways enough about me, I just want to get information on the topic.
What happens to them is up to the guy. He can either be a great human being, or allow being single to ruin him. Hopefully he'll realize that his purpose on earth isn't to worry about being single, will share his talents with others and leave the world a better place

Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
The 2 guys I know that have been in this situation married the first piece of ass they got. Players are guys who are comfortable with women and who are confident. At 20 and never been kissed, a guy is far from being comfortable or confident for that matter. And confidence isn't going to come from one woman. Bet on them falling in love before being players.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I'm an 18 year and I had my first kiss when I was 8 and I had my first girlfriend at 8 as well, but none since then. I am a virgin but I'm waiting until I get married. There's nothing wrong with you being a virgin, it shows that you're being smart.

Lots of girls have had crushes on me and I've liked a lot of girls, but I was always too shy to ask them out.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
The 2 guys I know that have been in this situation married the first piece of ass they got. Players are guys who are comfortable with women and who are confident. At 20 and never been kissed, a guy is far from being comfortable or confident for that matter. And confidence isn't going to come from one woman. Bet on them falling in love before being players.
what if they were comfortable but didn't really get a chance to try their skills due to their environment being so limiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships