Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What happens to guys like that in your experience?
They usually end up being single for life 11 18.97%
They usually marry the first girl they date or fall in love with 19 32.76%
They usually date some girls when they are 21-35 and then settle down and marry one 22 37.93%
They end up being players 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,694,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavinFlag View Post
Some of my friends say that once they get a career and start working, they start clowning out and going wild and having tons of girlfriends and lots of affairs, basically they turn into players but my other friend says that they usually end up being alone for life. I will post 4 options on the poll and from your personal experience you pick the one that has often been the case.

Some people say if they were in a small conservative town which did not look highly upon having lots of relationships they can move out and become that player or what not.

I am 18 and almost going to be 19 very soon. I have not had a girlfriend before, no first kiss, no sex or anything but I certainly do not want to be the guy who marries the first girl he dates, I have to experiment. Eitherways enough about me, I just want to get information on the topic.
You're right. You don't want to be that guy. Desperation makes you panic though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM

83 posts, read 247,298 times
I think that you'll most likely fall in love with your first gf... since you've waited so long for the right girl then she will be perfect in your eyes.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,991,745 times
You don't want to date: women these days are all like Judge Judy and Nancy Grace. Please run for the hills.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:56 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,789,352 times
It's not a big deal. My husband didn't move out until 35 and his first serious relationship wasn't until his late 20s because his focus was on graduate school/career. He actually didn't want to get married AT ALL and we broke up for a few weeks before he showed up on my doorstep with an engagement ring! Right now, he says I'm one of the best things in his life.

Don't let other people's time tables throw you off. As you get older, you get wiser and you have the chance of picking great women. A 45 year old rich doctor who is a virgin is a more desirable commodity in the dating world than a 25 yr old pizza delivery guy who still has 5 of his girlfriends on speed dial on his phone.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:25 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,930,470 times
its up to the guy. If he is sociable and has no problems making friends with girls or guys, he can probably do what he likes.

If hes the type that hsa trouble socializing, then the risk is high that he stays single and marries a woman who doesn't love him.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
A guy is 20 and has not had a girlfriend, first kiss, or sex before, what happens to guys like that?
Anything.

[depends on what he wants and what he does to achieve it]

Old 07-16-2011, 08:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,399,542 times
I teach grad school in Southern California. My students are generally between 22-25 years old and I have male virgins as students. I know because they tell me so.

It's not that uncommon to be a virgin at 20, regardless of gender. There are tens of millions of people in their 20's who have never had sex.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:57 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,586,763 times
Quote:
the plan is for me to transfer

but I really had no choice, my old thread I linked to talks about it

also how tough would it be for the individual we are talking about to be a player?
The common thread I see in all your posts is that you tend to behave in a passive way. You do not take on the role of the leader, someone in control of their own choices and fate, but rather tinge your responses with a hint of "victim."

"I had no choice."
"I couldn't try out my skills."
"None of the girls in my entire town/school were suitable."
"Can I become this or that?"
"What will happen to me?"

The truth is, you can be any way you want, provided you set out to achieve it. If you decide you want to be a player, you pursue that. If you decide you want to date a few girls then marry, you work on your social skills and broaden your circle until you meet girls who you like and who like you. If you're having no luck, you reevaluate, perhaps deciding that you were shooting for something you don't have the goods to attract/keep. There is no fate spelled out for you.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,910,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I teach grad school in Southern California. My students are generally between 22-25 years old and I have male virgins as students. I know because they tell me so.

It's not that uncommon to be a virgin at 20, regardless of gender. There are tens of millions of people in their 20's who have never had sex.
Yep. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if up to 20% of my age demographic for males (post college, up to 30 yo) were virgins. It might be a minority, but like you said, it amounts to millions. Being in a frat, I learned that guys tend to overexaggerate, and girls understate their sexual experiences.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:51 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,399,542 times
I agree that people lie about sex. My parents told me when I was a kid, "Never believe a man when he talks about sex or money, they usually lie." I think women lie just as much or more than men, but I think men tend to exaggerate their sex lives. To repeat the old adage, "Those who DO, do. Those who DON'T, talk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships