Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I try to avoid dinner or drinks for dates at all costs, because...boring
I disagree. If you're with good company, anything can be tons of fun, even a boring dinner or drink date.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I disagree. If you're with good company, anything can be tons of fun, even a boring dinner or drink date.
Ok, fair enough. I hyperbolized a bit too much.

But, especially for a first date, which is what we are discussing, I try to avoid dinner or drinks...because there is a potential for boring with someone that you don't know.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Ok, fair enough. I hyperbolized a bit too much.

But, especially for a first date, which is what we are discussing, I try to avoid dinner or drinks...because there is a potential for boring with someone that you don't know.
I can see that. I still prefer drinks or coffee as a first date. You can easily end it after the first drink (15-20 minutes?) or you can extend it to dinner, more drinks or going somewhere else.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I can see that. I still prefer drinks or coffee as a first date. You can easily end it after the first drink (15-20 minutes?) or you can extend it to dinner, more drinks or going somewhere else.
I don't, for the most part, drink alcohol or, ever, coffee.

For first dates I usually suggest some event, or a hike, stroll by the river, etc where we can talk and extend to a meal or refreshments afterwards, if so inclined.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I don't, for the most part, drink alcohol or, ever, coffee.

For first dates I usually suggest some event, or a hike, stroll by the river, etc where we can talk and extend to a meal or refreshments afterwards, if so inclined.
I don't know if I'd date someone who wouldn't drink alcohol or coffee. I did date someone very briefly who never drank alcohol and I brew beer and like going to whiskey and wine tasting events and it just didn't work between us. I'm not a drunk by any means (I rarely get drunk or even buzzed) but I do like attending tastings. I'd prefer someone who could attend those events with me or experiment with cocktail recipes.

Events sound great...but it's 20 degrees here right now. Most people aren't strolling around outside.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I'd date someone who wouldn't drink alcohol or coffee. I did date someone very briefly who never drank alcohol and I brew beer and like going to whiskey and wine tasting events and it just didn't work between us. I'm not a drunk by any means (I rarely get drunk or even buzzed) but I do like attending tastings. I'd prefer someone who could attend those events with me or experiment with cocktail recipes.
Why not coffee? Not that I want to date you

Quote:
Events sound great...but it's 20 degrees here right now. Most people aren't strolling around outside.
Agreed...I met a couple of interesting women recently but have been struggling for things to do together because it's cold as **** (below 50).

Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I hope some of the dinner-date guys here are taking notes.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I hope some of the dinner-date guys here are taking notes.

I do ice skating in the winter, they always seem to love it.. but that's much more of a second or 3rd date for me because I have to hold them the whole time usually.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Why not coffee? Not that I want to date you

Agreed...I met a couple of interesting women recently but have been struggling for things to do together because it's cold as **** (below 50).
Because when I wake up every morning I like to catch up on news and drink a big mug of coffee. It wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means, but it's not something I'd prefer. One can always drink tea instead, and believe me, I'm not interested in dating you either

Plus, I've found that most people who 'don't' do something are VERY often self righteous about it. I've known/dated guys who didn't watch tv, or didn't eat meat, or didn't drink alcohol, or didn't drink coffee and basically every single one of them has needed to throw out something negative about my choice to do those things. It gets very irritating.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

Aw, c'mon, fil, you can figure this one out! Museums, galleries & other indoor stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships