Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for a rousing round of Scrabble, but Magic is just too much.
Me and my best guy friend would get drunk and play Pokemon... sometimes silly card games are awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for a rousing round of Scrabble, but Magic is just too much.
you don't care for Magic: the Gathering, I don't care for tattoos.

We just wasn't meant to be.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,047,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you don't care for Magic: the Gathering, I don't care for tattoos.

We just wasn't meant to be.
Wouldn't be a dealbreaker, I just wouldn't play.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,610,080 times
Quote:
What is it with women and Scrabble anyway?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 AM

165 posts, read 433,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Am I wrong for this? Seems like in my dating life, women I'm attracted to, who I think are attractive end up being no good for me. However women who I dont find attractive seems to want to do everything for me. Like they have a lot of qualities they like, but I can't get over how ugly they are. I've decided that apparently the right person for me is a woman I'm not attracted to. But I feel if I dealt with a woman who is ugly, I'd be settling for what I dint want. I realize that this means a lifetime of loneliness possibly, but I'm going to stand my ground on this one.
If the chick had a bangin' 10 body (i.e. 36 DD rack, 5' 10" 130 pounds, perfect body) and an ugly mug, I'm sure most men after 6-12 or more beers wouldn't have much trouble having sex with this said girl.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,610,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Balance. There are some men who are validated by their trophy girl/wife. To that ......shut up, open your wallet, and pray that you never come across a day when you can't pay for all her shopping and bills because you will be replaced. There are some men that are 2's thinking they deserve 10's based on their leased/purchased bmw's. If all you want is shallow then click the seatbelt on your ride of being with someone who looks great but will never love you, care about you, or mirrors your love.

By the way are you the 10 that you seek? Nuff said
Hey, what's wrong with having a nice car?

Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,279,152 times
The bitter man strikes again.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,331,198 times
Red face Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31st State Citizen View Post
If the chick had a bangin' 10 body (i.e. 36 DD rack, 5' 10" 130 pounds, perfect body) and an ugly mug, I'm sure most men after 6-12 or more beers wouldn't have much trouble having sex with this said girl.
I'm thinking maybe after 4 beers...no, make that two beers; nah, who needs to get drunk to have a good time, just make sure the room is dimly lit!

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 AM

7,327 posts, read 6,950,060 times
If the only motivation is for sex, what do looks have to do with it ?
Why is it necessary to abuse some one elses body, for something you really don't care that much about, you could do on your own ?
Unless it is actually the abuse to some one else, is the whole motivation ....
What kind of realtionship can one possibly hope to build with some one on a perminant level , that has so little value for them selves as to be a slave to public abuse ?

Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,417,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm 33. And by ugly, I mean ugly to me. Which is a subjective preference. For example, I don't like blondes of any type or fat women. Both women seem to really like me, as they are the more supportive and caring. But it may be superficial, I can't get over their weight and/or blonde hair.
Okay, so we know now that you're throwing around the word "ugly" really loosely, out of frustration...

So we can all pretty much forget that word.

Correction: The only women you feel are attracted to you are the ones that aren't your type. Okay.

Well I think "like attracts like." They don't feel good about themselves, so they're settling for a guy (YOU) who doesn't appreciate them for who they are and uses them. You are using them, you know. You're not attracted to them, yet you let them get attached and do things for you... more for your own agenda than anything. To not feel alone, or for show, or to try and talk yourself into being less shallow. They're being used like guinea pigs or something. Same as you, they deserve to be with someone who is attracted to them.

As for you, there is some subconscious part of you who doesn't believe you are good enough for what you want or are attracted to. I think it's a subconscious fear of being rejected by someone you're deeply fond of/attracted to. So you're not actually putting yourself out there for the kind of women you want, on a vibrational level.

Essentially, you fear being in the same position as these blondes and curvy women you're not attracted to. But you don't mind being in the position of the one who isn't attracted. That feels like you're in control. It doesn't feel bad to feel like you're better than someone. I think inside you know you're not ANY better, but it's better to be with these women you have no feelings for than face the possibility of being rejected by someone you don't feel subconsciously that you're on the same level as (brunettes and thin girls).

Someone said something recently to me that made a lot of sense. "The Universe doesn't tolerate a vacuum." When it comes to the dating scene, you have a very crystal clear belief that "The women I'm attracted to don't give me the time of day, but women I'm not attracted to flock to me and want to treat me really well."

If you're not clear on your intent, the Universe will just fill your life with what you subconsciously believe. If you have no clear stance on something, that area of your life will just be filled with what you subconsciously believe. For example, if you're not sure what kind of job you apply for, but you're crystal clear that "it's a bad economy and practically impossible to find a job in this county"..... well guess what? Do you think you're going to attract a great job? Probably not, because you're not even sure what kind of job you want.

Bottom line, I think you need to start loving and nurturing yourself and creating new beliefs filled with integrity.

"I respect all types of women, and I love and respect myself. There is someone for everyone, and the women I'm attracted to are always attracted to me.

Start filling your vibration with that feeling and that belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships