Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,218,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
My guess is that your decision here is a moot point.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to maf763 again. I would not say LOL so much as snorf out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:08 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,745,208 times
Default The truth is what it is ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Am I wrong for this? Seems like in my dating life, women I'm attracted to, who I think are attractive end up being no good for me. However women who I dont find attractive seems to want to do everything for me. Like they have a lot of qualities they like, but I can't get over how ugly they are. I've decided that apparently the right person for me is a woman I'm not attracted to. But I feel if I dealt with a woman who is ugly, I'd be settling for what I dint want. I realize that this means a lifetime of loneliness possibly, but I'm going to stand my ground on this one.
If this is really what you think then do yourself and any other potential women who might entertain the idea of being in a relationship with you a favour and say single. You are right in the sense that if this is how you really feel deep down then most human women will not ever likely satisfy you over time and probably will end up emontially damaged in the hopeless persuit of satisfying your expectations. Your train of thought seems very shallow, but hey at least you are honest about it. Better to be honest then to have some person think you actually care about them and end up being heart broken.

I really wish people who thought like this had labels on them so other people that hugely dislike this type of mentality could just know off the bat to avoid them at all cost. It would be better for everyone.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:10 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,038,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Old age is the great equalizer when it comes to looks.
not in South Cali! Nobody ever has to look old or ugly. Ugly is only for the poor.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:33 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
Quote:
Am I wrong for this? Seems like in my dating life, women I'm attracted to, who I think are attractive end up being no good for me. However women who I dont find attractive seems to want to do everything for me. Like they have a lot of qualities they like, but I can't get over how ugly they are. I've decided that apparently the right person for me is a woman I'm not attracted to. But I feel if I dealt with a woman who is ugly, I'd be settling for what I dint want. I realize that this means a lifetime of loneliness possibly, but I'm going to stand my ground on this one.
No you aren't wrong in fact I'm the exact same way. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone if I couldn't date a woman I was attracted to. I know that sounds mean but nobody wants to be with a person they aren't into physically.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:42 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
In the battle of waking up to someone hideous every morning or waking up to a pillow you strangled throughout the night, I'd pick the pillow. I don't think being single is a bad thing if you can't attract anyone who you feel absolutely wild about. I want a relationship where just the thought of seeing their smile brightens even the most craptastic day. If I have to settle for an ugly girl, being single isn't hell then.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:57 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,218,233 times
Quote:
I'm 33. And by ugly, I mean ugly to me. Which is a subjective preference. For example, I don't like blondes of any type or fat women. Both women seem to really like me, as they are the more supportive and caring. But it may be superficial, I can't get over their weight and/or blonde hair.
Blond and fat people are more supportive and caring??!! Please.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:34 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Just for a bit of perspective, the OP here (who hasn't posted in years) was a guy who, aside from "ugly women" issues, had problems with "gold-diggers". He said he somehow always wound up with gf's who didn't make much money and expected him to help them make the rent and other chronic financial shortfalls.

After a little questioning, he revealed that he works in finance, and enjoys discussing the stock market, and other aspects of the financial world, on dates. He also liked to dress sharply, even during leisure time. He couldn't understand why he only attracted women who were after his money.

Some people have a habit of painting bulls-eyes on themselves. I wouldn't waste any time on his "why do ugly women like me" concerns.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:10 PM

1,166 posts, read 757,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just for a bit of perspective, the OP here (who hasn't posted in years) was a guy who, aside from "ugly women" issues, had problems with "gold-diggers". He said he somehow always wound up with gf's who didn't make much money and expected him to help them make the rent and other chronic financial shortfalls.

After a little questioning, he revealed that he works in finance, and enjoys discussing the stock market, and other aspects of the financial world, on dates. He also liked to dress sharply, even during leisure time. He couldn't understand why he only attracted women who were after his money.

Some people have a habit of painting bulls-eyes on themselves. I wouldn't waste any time on his "why do ugly women like me" concerns.

LOL, the OP is that same guy. The jackass was strong in that thread.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:59 PM

579 posts, read 557,918 times
Are you unattractive? We know you're superficial already but don't know what you look like. If you're unattractive and superficial then life will be very hard, sorry, that's just how the game goes

Old 04-20-2016, 06:12 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,745,208 times
Default Really funny ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I honestly think people that think like that are not really worth of love and eventually learn the hard way you reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships