Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,683,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
How do you know there is no real chance of anything long term happening? Maybe she feels the same way about you. Are you uncomfortable with the age gap you two have? If you enjoy her company "quite a bit", then that means you're attracted to her personality and her intellect. That - in conjunction with the sexual chemistry you two obviously share for each other - mark the beginnings of a potential relationship! Take things slow and see where it goes. It's one thing to try something and have it not work out for whatever reason...but it's another thing to not try something and then never know if it would've worked out...
I know it's not going to work out in the long term because I will want a family around 27-35 and there's no way I can do that with somebody who is in her late 40s/50s. I don't want to inherit somebody else's family

That's a long way away though. For now, we're just taking it day by day. I'm going to see her 3 or 4 times next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,711,941 times
Quote:
How do you know there is no real chance of anything long term happening? Maybe she feels the same way about you. Are you uncomfortable with the age gap you two have? If you enjoy her company "quite a bit", then that means you're attracted to her personality and her intellect. That - in conjunction with the sexual chemistry you two obviously share for each other - mark the beginnings of a potential relationship! Take things slow and see where it goes. It's one thing to try something and have it not work out for whatever reason...but it's another thing to not try something and then never know if it would've worked out...
You are right apotamkin and he should give her a chance but the bull wasn't ready for this one and this cougar is tearing him up!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM

518 posts, read 1,008,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I know it's not going to work out in the long term because I will want a family around 27-35 and there's no way I can do that with somebody who is in her late 40s/50s. I don't want to inherit somebody else's family

That's a long way away though. For now, we're just taking it day by day. I'm going to see her 3 or 4 times next week
Oh I see. Well, that changes things a bit, eh? Then just enjoy each others company for as long as it lasts. That's really all you can do at this point. Just be sure to be on the level with her and share this information with her (if you haven't already) so she knows what your future plans are and that they won't ever include her.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,469,647 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this 42 year old lady recently. We've had sex several times and I enjoy her company quite a bit (and she's good in the bedroom).

Anyways, she's out of town this week and I'm starting to miss her like crazy. I couldn't stop thinking about her last night and can't wait to see her on Tuesday (we're going out to dinner). I am even masturbating fantasizing about her. WTF

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I starting to get so attached to somebody where I know there is no real chance of anything long term happening?

If you have to ask!!!

It appears you have a relationship with this woman but it seems to be one sided, hence the reason the phrase "Friends With Benefits" is quite misleading and not an actual reality since someone (YOU) usually gets attached (YOU) and ends up getting hurt (YOU).

Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Oh I see. Well, that changes things a bit, eh? Then just enjoy each others company for as long as it lasts. That's really all you can do at this point. Just be sure to be on the level with her and share this information with her (if you haven't already) so she knows what your future plans are and that they won't ever include her.
She's a smart woman. I'm sure she knows I'll want a family in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you have to ask!!!

It appears you have a relationship with this woman but it seems to be one sided, hence the reason the phrase "Friends With Benefits" is quite misleading and not an actual reality since someone (YOU) usually gets attached (YOU) and ends up getting hurt (YOU).

This is not one sided, she likes me as much or more than I like her

Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
You are right apotamkin and he should give her a chance but the bull wasn't ready for this one and this cougar is tearing him up!

LOL, this is certainly a lot of fun

Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,466,848 times
Quote:
She's a smart woman. I'm sure she knows I'll want a family in the future
She can guess or assume that but the only way for her to know that for sure is if you tell her.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,404,745 times
Tell her the truth. If she is cool with that, keep dating her.

Tell your family you're dating someone. Tell them you don't expect it to get serious, and you two are just having fun dating.

No need to write the whole story while you're still on chapter one.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,907,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Tell her the truth. If she is cool with that, keep dating her.

Tell your family you're dating someone. Tell them you don't expect it to get serious, and you two are just having fun dating.

No need to write the whole story while you're still on chapter one.
I fail to see why this would be any of the family's business anyway.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I fail to see why this would be any of the family's business anyway.

^^^^^ this

Unless I'm marrying her, it's none of their business really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships