Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,812,839 times

Advertisements

The voice is just one of many factors which add to the whole package of attractiveness. It can be a HUGE deal breaker for me. I could have what seems to be the whole perfect package in my sights and the whole giddy anticipation can be completely killed when the package's mouth opens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,421,406 times
YES!!

It's happened to me a few times where I was approached by really handsome, big, broad guy and based on appearance, I would have figured them to have a very deep voice, but when they spoke, they had high pitched voices. Totally threw me off guard and I couldn't get past it. Maybe if I had known them in a different setting, I probably would have overlooked it or not have even noticed.

I also made the mistake of assuming a guy was as handsome as his voice. Not.

FTR, I hate my voice.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 01-14-2013 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: darn typos!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 AM

174 posts, read 259,009 times
This is something that would be a deal breaker for me. If someones voice is annoying it is definitely not going to work out so there is no point in pursuing.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
I've never had a voice issue be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully my own voice hasn't been one for potential gfs.

A voice can surely enhance a person. Briefly dated a chick with the sexiest voice I ever heard. Her yawn turned me on ... seriously.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,880,613 times
I can definitely understand. I used to work with a girl who was extremely attractive (I wasn't sexually attracted to her, I don't swing that way, but I can still tell when a woman is exceptionally good looking) in a Victoria's Secret model kind of way.

However, her voice was honestly like Alvin & The Chipmunks. I actually felt quite sorry for her. Although she was engaged so it evidently didn't bother everyone!

Whenever Guests came in (we worked at a hotel) you could often see an almost disappointed reaction on the guys faces the second she started talking. She didn't seem to realize what she sounded like though because she'd talk, and talk, and talk, and talk, and TALK. (Her voice is still stuck in my head).

Just goes to show, nobody's perfect!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,680,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I wouldn't last 2 minutes with Fran Drescher
that voice is hot.
i was crushed when i found out it wasn't real.

only in extreme cases would voice impact your chances with me negatively, but a girl with a nice voice is a plus. i've been interested only because her voice was lovely.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,394,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

Anyone else had someones voice as a dealbreaker?
Hell yeah!

I cannot stand for a man to have a high, soft or feminine sounding voice. That's an immediate shutdown.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
I've been told my voice is very soothing but authoritative. I participated in national speech and debate competitions (along with Mock Trials) with a few different groups. I also did quite well in those competitions, so I guess I was doing something right.

As for a man's voice... I did date a guy who had the EXACT same voice and laugh as my ex boss whom I absolutely hated. Luckily, we both weren't into each other but still talk here and there but I don't think I would have been able to seriously date him without constantly being reminded of my ex boss.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,417,152 times
Heh. Totally falling for a guy right now who has a voice that made me cringe when I first met him. Now I just think it's cute.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
LMAO

SEE...people...even if you look decent, there is something that is turning people off. Mannerisms, the way you communicate, your voice..etc. When men come on here and post about how they are having a hard time dating, I often think that ^^^^ this might be why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
YES!!

It's happened to me a few times where I was approached by really handsome, big, broad guy and based on appearance, I would have figured them to have a very deep voice, but when they spoke, they had high pitched voices. Totally threw me off guard and I couldn't get past it. Maybe if I had known them in a different setting, I probably would have overlooked it or not have even noticed.

I also made the mistake of assuming a guy was as handsome as his voice. Not.

Been there! When I see a big guy I expect a big voice. It's rarely the case though.

There was this one guy I went to school with...had the BEST voice but he was this mousey little guy and it really didn't match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships