Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,045,320 times

Advertisements

Really? A felony as a youth would be a problem? Maybe I have lower standards than I thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,715,359 times
it can show up because it was a conviction, which can show the sentence even if it wasn't jail. there are people who were convicted of misdemeanors with no jail, not even a fine but it still shows up because it was a conviction.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,400,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
No ONE is responsible 100% of the time. EVERYONE screws up at some time. (Let me know if you don't, because that would be interesting to find out that there's someone who's responsible 100% of the time and NEVER screws up.)
Um, chill. I got no problems with felons - have friends who are felons and have even dated a couple. But it's really hard to rack one up by accident - almost always they are the result of a pattern of irresponsible behavior or bad choices. Whether you've acknowledged the irresponsible behavior and addressed it is the question. I knew a guy who almost beat another person to death in his teens over a minor issue - over 20 years later he was living an awesome life with a great career. What happened in that intervening time was a complete metamorphosis that the vast majority of people would not be able to make happen. Another guy I know is a two-time offender who is one of the nicest people I know; he's also one of the most irresponsible men I know.

Usually, a felony committed in one's teens that didn't result in jail time isn't going to bother anyone. However, your reaction to my pretty understandable query is a pretty telling one. I'm thinking maybe THAT might be the reason you're single.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,722,230 times
I'm 6', in great shape and have been told by every women that I've been with that I'm well endowed. I'm single because I struggle with self loathing, depression and cant stop thinking about blowing my brains out. I'm also trying like heck to get out of this dirty, dusty, sweaty, charmless, culture less, brown cookie cutter stucco house laden, theft ridden (cough illegal alien cough theft ahem), congested, heavily trafficked, hot, sweaty, hot, sweaty, concrete covered, no trees or grass anywhere, hot, sweaty, hot hell hole that some people call Phoenix and move back to Colorado so starting a relationship at this point would be futile.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,113,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I'm 6', in great shape and have been told by every women that I've been with that I'm well endowed. I'm single because I struggle with self loathing, depression and cant stop thinking about blowing my brains out. I'm also trying like heck to get out of this dirty, dusty, sweaty, charmless, culture less, brown cookie cutter stucco house laden, theft ridden (cough illegal alien cough theft ahem), congested, heavily trafficked, hot, sweaty, hot, sweaty, concrete covered, no trees or grass anywhere, hot, sweaty, hot hell hole that some people call Phoenix and move back to Colorado so starting a relationship at this point would be futile.
Wow, well, take your "endowment" and move. Is Colorado home? No matter where home is, there really isn't anything like it. I know from experience.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,045,320 times
Maybe you'll be less depressed if you live somewhere that you don't despise? Honestly asking if you feel that the two are correlated.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,673,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Nobody will have me (I'm a short, fat, alcoholic creeper that's hung like a mouse and has no social life outside the confines of CD).

What's your story?
I'll take that into consideration when I read your posts.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM

608 posts, read 1,031,605 times
I'm single because I have a small member

Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,725,298 times
I'm single because I don't want to work at a relationship until my life slows down.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,867,641 times
I'm at a point in life where I don't care about relationships as much anymore(but it's fun as hell to be in this boardroom!) and rather focus on getting financially set and start this little business I have. I'm 32 but I've already lost the dating marriage rat-race long ago anyway by society's standards so why worry? Life really not that bad.

Maybe take a trip around the world if the business goes very well, need some culture under my belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships