Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,035 times

Advertisements

Not sure if it's part of 'midlife crisis' but over recent years I've started to long for the past and what could have been... I'm 41 now and seeing young women dating sometimes makes me wish I could be that guy,even tho in reality I've moved into the older and 'creepy' category in their eyes

I think it's partially because I really never was that guy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Not sure if it's part of 'midlife crisis' but over recent years I've started to long for the past and what could have been... I'm 41 now and seeing young women dating sometimes makes me wish I could be that guy,even tho in reality I've moved into the older and 'creepy' category in their eyes

I think it's partially because I really never was that guy...

Maybe, I am the same way and often try to sneak a peek at young women walking with guys when I;m in public. I'm a few years younger than you and know that soon I won't be eligible to date anyone in their 20's unless I;m a sugar daddy.

I still try and focus on the 26-29 age range. Funny thing is 10 years ago I thought I had all the time in the world to get this dating thing right and then BAMM.....I;m older. So I think I;m going through the same thing as you. I still go out of my way to attract young girls like it's still 2001 no matter if I;m going to work or to the market or the barbershop

Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Many guys in their 40s and 50s date younger women, and really by that age you should be settled with your financial stability, living standards, and experience with dating/marriage/LTRs, Most of these guys have developed attractive features, attitudes, and lifestyles that younger women are open to exploring, not all of course. You should probably do some homework and begin to experiment with what changes could work for you. also developing an a good social circle, skills, and life style can neutralize the percieved creep factor, but you're just going to have to accept that these days some women are going to call any guy they find unattractive a creep. if your confident about your status, your lifestyle, your ability to date younger women, it wont be a factor. the flip side is that ppl will stare at you when you're out with a younger date, for various reasons, but as they say, that's quality problem. good luck.

P.S.: Many will say you are in fact going through a mid-life crisis, you should date your own age, your over the hill, blah, blah, blah .... don't live your life by other ppl's standards, it's your life so find your bliss.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Enjoy 41 while you can. In a very short time you'll look up and be 51 and then 61. I'm in my mid 50's and still lead an active vibrant life. I have more women after me than ever before.

Be grateful and enjoy what you have..... today.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm a few years younger than you and know that soon I won't be eligible to date anyone in their 20's unless I;m a sugar daddy.

I still try and focus on the 26-29 age range. Funny thing is 10 years ago I thought I had all the time in the world to get this dating thing right and then BAMM.....I;m older. So I think I;m going through the same thing as you. I still go out of my way to attract young girls like it's still 2001 no matter if I;m going to work or to the market or the barbershop
Agreed on the sugar daddy thing,like I think the Hugh Hefner thing is really creepy even tho most guys probably dig it;

Agreed also on how time flew and before I knew it I'm in another demographic I try and be realistic tho and not go out of my way to attract them,because I see what they tend to go for and I'm becoming far from it There are some guys older than me that I see are able to pull off an image or whatever,but I'm not shallow in any way as far as trying to be something I'm not in order to attract attention.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Many guys in their 40s and 50s date younger women, and really by that age you should be settled with your financial stability, living standards, and experience with dating/marriage/LTRs, Most of these guys have developed attractive features, attitudes, and lifestyles that younger women are open to exploring, not all of course. You should probably do some homework and begin to experiment with what changes could work for you. also developing an a good social circle, skills, and life style can neutralize the percieved creep factor, but you're just going to have to accept that these days some women are going to call any guy they find unattractive a creep. if your confident about your status, your lifestyle, your ability to date younger women, it wont be a factor. the flip side is that ppl will stare at you when you're out with a younger date, for various reasons, but as they say, that's quality problem. good luck.

P.S.: Many will say you are in fact going through a mid-life crisis, you should date your own age, your over the hill, blah, blah, blah .... don't live your life by other ppl's standards, it's your life so find your bliss.
I don't care what others think in that regard,but I do agree that I think something is off-kilter in that I don't think I'm where I want to and should be at this stage. Tho I never really was one of those smooth,got it all together types either

Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
. . . but I'm not shallow in any way as far as trying to be something I'm not in order to attract attention.
make up, push up bras, hair extensions, high heels, spandex, accessories, etc.... and just about being as attractive and you can be, and what image you feel comfortable having. whether you like it or not, you are marketing yourself to others and people make judgements about who you are by what you present.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
make up, push up bra, hair extensions, high heels, spandex, .... and just about being as attractive and you can be, and what image you feel comfortable having.
Very true. I've often wanted to get one of those image 'makeovers' I see on tv

Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...t-thinkin.html

Soooo . . . what's "wrong" with a woman closer to your age?

Old 01-19-2013, 01:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Where does this start? One poster (the OP) said age 41, so I'm assuming 40. The only thing I regret is the different forks in the road I could have taken, with hindsight being 20-20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships