Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
WebMD says that when taken correctly, the pill is 99.9% effective. That is darn close!

I think most unplanned pregnancies happen because the woman doesn't take the pill/shot/implant/IUD at all, or relies on an even less effective method of BC.

If you're worried have the guy wear a condom. That should cover you.

As Froggy said, abstinence from intercourse is the only way to avoid pregnancy.
Most people don't know all the daily life things that can lower the % of effectiveness of the pill. It's really not that foolproof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
It makes all the difference if you have a committed and supportive partner. I've absolutely learned that I have to be ok with the possibility of my partner being a father to my child if it happened. If not, no sex with him.

I like this.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Most people don't know all the daily life things that can lower the % of effectiveness of the pill. It's really not that foolproof.
With all due respect, I think that you and Findly may be a tad bit over-paranoid.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I think that you and Findly may be a tad bit over-paranoid.
I'll admit I'm paranoid all day long. However, I also have two coworkers who got pregnant unplanned while on birth control. So the fear is somewhat founded.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
I'm not paranoid, I just know the facts as they pertain to the pill. Read up on it; you'll be surprised.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM

708 posts, read 879,058 times
Quote:
I'm not paranoid, I just know the facts as they pertain to the pill. Read up on it; you'll be surprised.
Yeah, I don't think you sound paranoid at all.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I did and it's not that worrisome. The only everyday thing I saw was grapefruit juice, if you drink that everyday, and that's only with some pills, not all, and there's no research on that either. Same witih St. John's Wort.

Also, most people do not take antiboitics everyday. You could abstain in the event you do take them.

I think hormones and condoms will cover it.

I know that people who take some prescription medications daily may not be covered though.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM

521 posts, read 763,133 times
Yeah I get paranoid about it, especially since I don't take birth control at all

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I did and it's not that worrisome. The only everyday thing I saw was grapefruit juice, if you drink that everyday, and that's only with some pills, not all, and there's no research on that either. Same witih St. John's Wort.

Also, most people do not take antiboitics everyday. You could abstain in the event you do take them.

I think hormones and condoms will cover it.

I know that people who take some prescription medications daily may not be covered though.
I have to agree with all of this. They may be paranoid. With that said, like in my earlier post, I got pregnant four times on birth control pills. The very dr who wanted me to be on them as well as prescribed them did not even know that another medicine he had me on lowered the ability of the bc to work.

That was found out later on down the line.

But if op is other wise healthy and using these 2 forms of birth control, she should really be fine.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
Stating facts makes a person bitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Bitter much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships