Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:32 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,724 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on this website for long, but in the short amount of time I've been here, I've seen a lot of women and guy bashing. I will admit I did a thread not too long ago when I first registered as a member here about why men "can't get" how to please a woman. Upon reflection, I realized that it wasn't a fair thread and that it had a negative context to it; which is something this world doesn't need to read/hear. So from that point on, I've been careful to construct threads that are positive in nature and not demeaning, condescending or disrespectful to either gender.

I realize how men and women must feel, being rejected all the time and never being given a fair shake by the women or men they're pursuing or are interested in. However, perhaps maybe they should reflect upon themselves for a bit and ask themselves if maybe it's something THEY'RE doing that is creating the undesired effect which is regularly occuring in their dating/socializing lives. Cutting down the opposite gender with sweeping generalizations and condescension is NOT going to help them in the long run; in fact, it would most likely impede their efforts.

So my question is.......does anyone on this forum have anything POSITIVE to say about the opposite sex?

I'll go first. I'm glad men exist on this planet. There are MANY good men in this world who have done great things, big and small. There are men who have hearts of GOLD and who are the sweetest people you'll ever meet! Men have muscles and hairy chests, which is extremely attractive (to me anyway!) and they're physically STRONG, which comes in handy for fixing things or doing repairs around the house. There are men who are wonderful, caring and gentle lovers. And most of them stay calm during a crisis or an emergency situation which is a good thing to keep the others in the situation calm and collected.

If you have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about either gender, then please move on to another thread. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Many of us have said positive things, And took account posted situations while looking at the situation itself and avoiding the battle of the sexes. That's the key right there though-The age old divide of women vs men that swings some to the right or the left in today's world. it's just human nature. Bashing overall is not encouraged on the forum.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM

607 posts, read 856,190 times
I speak to women a lot because i like the company of many of them, Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-27-2013 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM

177 posts, read 303,298 times
I love men and I need them in my life.I want kids, I want sex and I want their money.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM

607 posts, read 856,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
I love men and I need them in my life.I want kids, I want sex and I want their money.
at least you're honest. let me guess, men are supposed to buy you anything you want?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM

177 posts, read 303,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
at least you're honest. let me guess, men are supposed to buy you anything you want?

Yes and in return they will have me. Which is the best gift of all.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Men can exhibit amazing acts of bravery and self-sacrifice. They also smell good.

It's hard to have threads complimenting the opposite sex because some people get defensive about their own sex. ("What are you saying, women stink?") All the chips on shoulders become apparent.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
I like my male friends and most male acquaintances.

My girlfriend is amazing and my female coworkers are pretty nice.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
I like women, just not these types:

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-27-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
Hahaha. Damn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships