Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM

313 posts, read 664,572 times

Advertisements

I went out with this guy Friday last week. He sent me a text the following day and said he wanted to see me again. I agreed. We decided to see each other today but I haven't heard anything from him. Should I text him and ask if we're still on or should I just not worry about it? It's gonna be our fourth date. For everyone who remembers, he's the guy who dumped me then came back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 07:13 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Why did you allow him to come back after dumping you. If someone dumps me after a 3rd date, there really isn't any coming back at that point.

Anyway he doesn't seem as reliable as you need him to be. So he's probably worth cutting off before you get more caught up and find yourself in love with him. May as well cut your loses now, or speak candidly about his unreliability to him. If he isn't trying to hear it, then he's really not trying to work it out, and he really doesn't give a damn. And at that point neither should you

Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Why did you allow him to come back after dumping you. If someone dumps me after a 3rd date, there really isn't any coming back at that point.
Well, he dumped me because I failed to return his calls and reply to his texts.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Perhaps he's just giving you a taste of your own medicine?

Karma?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:

And why didn't you return his call or text. Listen, you two seem to be a bust. Again this is a 4th date, and you're already asking questions, or people are leaving each other and coming back. This is definitely not a good way to start things. I think you or him are going to end up getting hurt.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Perhaps he's just giving you a taste of your own medicine?

Karma?
Maybe or it could be that I messed up again.

When we were talking, he said he would let me know the next day when he's free to see me. The next day he texted me saying Sunday was a good day but I wasn't able to reply to his text until the next day. Maybe he got upset again because I did it again.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And why didn't you return his call or text. Listen, you two seem to be a bust. Again this is a 4th date, and you're already asking questions, or people are leaving each other and coming back. This is definitely not a good way to start things. I think you or him are going to end up getting hurt.
He was texting/calling to plan for a date and I was working that time.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:

When we were talking, he said he would let me know the next day when he's free to see me. The next day he texted me saying Sunday was a good day but I wasn't able to reply to his text until the next day. Maybe he got upset again because I did it again.
There you go YellowT. You already know the answer. You know that what you did was wrong. That's positive at least.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Turn about is fair play.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

Who cares. You seem to be too busy to reply to his text. And there is nothing wrong with that. You have your own time, and you will get back with him when you can. I dont break my neck to reply to text either. I reply when I feel like replying or when I'm not busy. I dont purposely ignore text. I feel if you really want to say something, you can say it to me in person. Other wise I don't think anything important should be said via text.

Some people are very needy though. They need text to be responded to at a certain time. I can get like that too, but I have to realize that's an insecurity. If someone goes a day without replying, then I may be like 'you there' or try to call them. I realize like me people get busy and can't respond to every text right away. If I can ignore my mothers text, I can ignore anyones?

He's not wrong for wanting you to text back, and you're not wrong for not texting him back. You need to be with a guy who really doesn't whine when his text aren't responded to. There is a hot single guy in Seattle like that, in case you're interested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships