Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

I've started to reactivate my online profiles and am starting to get more responses. No one exciting yet but you never know. Anyway in my profile I state that I am only open to childless men which is true. I've tried omitting this but it is a steel hard dealbreaker so I mention it upfront.

Anyway today some idiot decided to send me this email "I hop you enjooy having 1000 cats". Yes spelling was that bad. Basically I told him to eff off and to leave me alone. He then emailed back saying he was "trying" to help me.

Listen jerk I don't want nor need your advice. I know what I want and it's not you. I don't want you, deal with it.

Why do people randomly contact people? I don't contact men I am not interesting offering advice, why do people do this?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Thats faceless communication for ya. People do and say many things online, they would be much less likely to do in the real world.
The more impersonal the communication the more likely it is.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
To be rude. To vent. Sorry you got that type of contact. It's rude and it assumes and it's best ignored

Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Normally I would ignore but what really bothered me was he turned it around and said he was trying to "help". I get these random messages all the time online.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I wouldn't recommend putting anything negative in your profile... It makes you look stuck-up and there may be good, childless men out there that will pass by because of the negativity.

I know that I immediately pass on men who have lists of what they don't want, even if I match what they do want. I just don't need stuck up, negative men in my life.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
To **** you off and make you think you're asking for too much. Probably because they don't qualify.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 PM

650 posts, read 701,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've started to reactivate my online profiles and am starting to get more responses. No one exciting yet but you never know. Anyway in my profile I state that I am only open to childless men which is true. I've tried omitting this but it is a steel hard dealbreaker so I mention it upfront.

Anyway today some idiot decided to send me this email "I hop you enjooy having 1000 cats". Yes spelling was that bad. Basically I told him to eff off and to leave me alone. He then emailed back saying he was "trying" to help me.

Listen jerk I don't want nor need your advice. I know what I want and it's not you. I don't want you, deal with it.

Why do people randomly contact people? I don't contact men I am not interesting offering advice, why do people do this?
Im a sm who uses singles sites. Every once in a while I get some idiot writing to me telling me something like I should put a better picture up, one where I should smile or show my eyes or something. I have a hereditary condition of small eyelids a.d the eyes always look closed in pictures but those idiots always assume'........Anyway I know how you feel, I usually write back Gee you have to forgive me but I seem to have a problem recalling. When oh when was it when I wrote to you and asked you to give me some stupid, unsolicited advice?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I wouldn't recommend putting anything negative in your profile... It makes you look stuck-up and there may be good, childless men out there that will pass by because of the negativity.

I know that I immediately pass on men who have lists of what they don't want, even if I match what they do want. I just don't need stuck up, negative men in my life.
I disagree. I think its best to be upfront and state what you want and don't want. You then are going to filter out many of those that aren't compatible. Otherwise, alot of unnecessary time can be wasted.

Thats provided you truely know what you want and don't want.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
lol, online dating. I'm not on the internet looking for love. So that's already one strike against the internet.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
To **** you off and make you think you're asking for too much. Probably because they don't qualify.
The bolded is the crux of it, I think. Some guys don't like it when women are able to call the shots, and pass them over. Then he had to be patronizing, and pretend like he was trying to help you. The guy's a control freak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.