Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,782,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
sounds like u understand what to do.
here is a coda joke for you.
what is the difference between a codependent and a pit bull?
a pit bull knows when to let go.
What does codependency have to do with this? Sorry, you lost me there

Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Sure, I'll go with that...don't be a loser. Quit your job, move with her, let her support you...like
Raena said "Jaded single people will give bad advice."
He said he could work anywhere. She wouldn't be supporting him.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
He said he could work anywhere. She wouldn't be supporting him.
This is true. I work remotely 99% of the time.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I've been with my girlfriend for 5 glorious months. Each day better than the rest. It has truly been the best relationship I have had in many many years, and I am definitely seeing a future there. So of course something has to go wrong right? This is typical of my life. She's a lawyer and got offered a job with a law firm in another city. It's a major career advancement and a pretty significant boost in salary. I don't want her to go, but I know I have to let her go. It's what's best for her, and I don't want to be selfish and I don't want her to wonder "What if" a year down the road and resent me for holding her back. So I have been telling her 100% she should go for the job. My question is do you think this should necessarily be the end of the relationship though. I am reluctant to move with her after only 5 months, plus I absolutely hate the city she is going to. I am very hesitant to attempt a long distance relationship when it's like 2,000 miles apart. I would just hate to waste the time when it's likely it would eventually just fade out. So I am thinking that my only real option is to end the relationship

Any thoughts or advice?
You want her to see this?

Maybe I'm more tight-lipped, but I have learned that your SO doesn't need to know EVERY thought that runs through your head. Sometimes it can be hurtful, even if you don't intend it to be.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
Quote:
What does codependency have to do with this? Sorry, you lost me there
holding on to an impossible situation would not be wise. those who do might be considered codependent.
i dont think that is what u r doing at all. sounds like you have thought the situation out.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM

166 posts, read 244,656 times
Mr. Bio, has she even asked you to move with her, or are you just coming to you own conclusions?

I'd say to try the long distance thing for awhile and see take it from there.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
That's not true, but I understand why you would think that because yeah I do talk about wanting to have a family a lot. Honestly though I am very picky when it comes to women. I wouldn't just settle for someone that I wasn't absolutely in love with just to get the things I want in life. She is very special to me, and I have never met anyone quite like her. It just feels like a lot to happen in such a short time.

Oh and BTW, I am totally going to let her read this thread in about 10 minutes just to show her what is on my mind
Um, no. Don't show her this thread. It's such a passive aggressive way to start this conversation. Talk to her, man. You can do it

Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Um, no. Don't show her this thread. It's such a passive aggressive way to start this conversation. Talk to her, man. You can do it
The conversation has already been started haha. We have been discussing this for a week!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You want her to see this?

Maybe I'm more tight-lipped, but I have learned that your SO doesn't need to know EVERY thought that runs through your head. Sometimes it can be hurtful, even if you don't intend it to be.
I said the same thing to her face. I don't have anything to hide. My reason for wanting her to read the thread is to see other people's reactions not mine.

Also I said the fade out thing because we have seen that happen countless times on these forums. Trying to maintain a long distance relationship is all magical at first, and then it just gets old. There has to be an end in sight.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
The conversation has already been started haha. We have been discussing this for a week!
Still. Don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.