Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times

Advertisements

I'm still in weekly contact with my ex we're like best friends I know if I ever need anything he's there for me but we are purely friends no flirting what so ever anymore it was strange in the beginning but I would always want him in my life as we have a great friendship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 12:51 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucktie215 View Post
I met her one "friend" who is married. He would text late at night which is odd for a married man. She would mention him a little too much. I've never been a jealous person, but know how guys operate.

I had asked about this guy and the answers didnt add up. One night he texted her while she was asleep, I read it. I didn't have to look far to find sexting right before me. I told her what I did and asked for the truth. She said they just texted and there was no affair. I left it at that and accepted her answers.

Months go by and this guy still bothers me. Her best girl friend slips and tells me it was just a physical relationship, not love. She thought I knew the full truth. We hung out with this scumbag and his wife. I didn't want to smile while holding hands with an adulterer in front of the unknowing wife.

I said if this guy was in your past, it's not my business. Since I was brought into their dynamic, I deserve to be let in to the truth if there is nothing there. Am I supposed to get a surpise one day when his wife finds out?
Wow, that sucks...you definitely did the right thing.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
I cut contact with my exes. One of my exes I didn't want to cut contact, but she said it was for the best since she moved far away.

However, I've been contacted by my exes in the past, some for sex, some because they were drunk(I don't know why my number was still in there phone) and one was wanting to cheat on her fiance.

Ugh.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
However, I've been contacted by my exes in the past, some for sex, ... one was wanting to cheat on her fiance.
The difference?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
The difference?
There's a world of difference when one is just looking to hook up because they are single, and the other tells me she has a fiance, a child with him, and still wants to cheat.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:
I just broke up with my girlfriend. She lied to me about 2 male friends that she did have sexual relationships with before me. Th major problem, one is a married friend. She said this was not my business as it was before me. I snooped to get the truth as her story didnt match up.

I argued that because he was still in her life, I deserved the truth. What happens if this guys wife finds out and I get the surprise down the road? My ex was bothered by her affair and had shame, but I found her attitude to be selfish.

On top if this, she was in contact with ex-boyfriends who would still flirt with her. I felt it was disrespectful to me.

How do you handle ex's and what are your rules/boundaries with your partner's exes? Is it ok if your partner hangs out alone with their ex? Also, what if your partner lied about their past with an opposite sex friend?
Frankly, I think your ex-GF dodged a bullet when you broke up with her.

You are insanely jealous, so jealous you dumped your GF not because of what she did, but because of what you feared she might do. Plenty of people are on good term with their exes. People have a right to their past, their memories, and their friends. It was completely unreasonable to demand she cut all ties with every man she had ever dated. That just makes you look weak and insecure. Women hate that. I fear you will have similar problems in future relationships if you don't get a little more confident.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM

5 posts, read 5,359 times
So you're saying you would be fine with your partner hiding an affair with A guy she still spends time with from you and lying to you when you ask!

That says more about you I'm afraid

Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
rules and boundaries are completely dependent on the person they are and the circumstances sounding them becoming my ex.

if there is reason to find them untrustworthy, you are just asking for more of the same by allowing them to continue to be in your life.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,471 times
Been there, done that. And am still a little confused on my choice of boundaries. Your choice of what is acceptable and what is not is just that. Your choice. Not that there is ever any justification for lying when asked a direct question, such as "did you sleep with so and so" but if you were constantly asking these kinds of questions, she may have felt it was easier to lie.
I was constantly asking those questions. He lied once because it bothered me that he stayed in contact with women he'd been intimate with. To me, he had no boundaries and I would be VERY hesitant to get into a relationship with someone who showed similar behavior (not leaving former lovers in the past.) If it bothered you, it is a sign your boundary was crossed. Everybody lies.
If you judge someone based on their past, which, in all honesty is somewhat relevant, understand you may if you are a harsh judge, then cause separation between you and that person.
For me, bottom line was he didn't have proper boundaries, IMO, with women. This is not compatible with my boundaries.
People have friendships with family member of their exes, would this be a problem for you too? I know it's easy for people who have slept together before to sleep together again and thus your concern. But some of these men had new partners. Someone's got to trust someone. Why were they still in each other's lives? I could go on and on but it really boils down to what you think is right, what the other person thinks is right and is there a common meeting ground there. Maybe someone more conservative would work better for you?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,471 times
Quote:
I met her one "friend" who is married. He would text late at night which is odd for a married man. She would mention him a little too much. I've never been a jealous person, but know how guys operate.

I had asked about this guy and the answers didnt add up. One night he texted her while she was asleep, I read it. I didn't have to look far to find sexting right before me. I told her what I did and asked for the truth. She said they just texted and there was no affair. I left it at that and accepted her answers.

Months go by and this guy still bothers me. Her best girl friend slips and tells me it was just a physical relationship, not love. She thought I knew the full truth. We hung out with this scumbag and his wife. I didn't want to smile while holding hands with an adulterer in front of the unknowing wife.

I said if this guy was in your past, it's not my business. Since I was brought into their dynamic, I deserve to be let in to the truth if there is nothing there. Am I supposed to get a surpise one day when his wife finds out?
Like another poster said, she does sound a bit much. (trouble, I think was what he called her and I agree) I don't think sexting is cool when you are in a committed relationship with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships