Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
That is what a man has to do when he is single but he doesn't want to remain single.

Any married man who plays the ads has to be totally crazy, man!
What I'm saying is that if you continue to get offended by something as innocuous as profile clicks on a dating website, you may as well cash in your chips.

Pretend you're a door-to-door salesman, knock on 50 doors and hope for 1 "yes". But when you get that "yes", drive it like you stole it.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
She had clicked on my pic about 3X so I sent her a short message. She wrote back that she had just begun seeing someone which (after all these years) I know is a cliché, thus a lie, and code for "You ain't my type" so I feel hurt that she insulted my intelligence by lying to me with an excuse that anyone with an IQ over 95 can see through...............I've had plenty of girls use that b.s. line on me and then see them visiting the singles site every day which a woman in an exclusive relationship wouldn't do.

But what I did was block her profile and erase all our {1 each) letters to each other.

Congressman Weiner lost his job because he insulted the intelligence of his constituents by handing them a flimsy excuse.............Why shouldn't I feel insulted?
You're overreacting.

["you ain't her type" so move on]

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
I look at many profiles and most of the time I am just curious. I got yelled at the other day by a guy because I looked at his profile after he responded to me and I wanted to see if he had kids. Because he did I was able to politely reject him.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
I think you're overreacting a bit, but I Think it would be hilarious if you still sent a picture of turds in a toilet to her.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM

It really doesn't sound like online dating is any easier than the real world, at least that's the way I understand it.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
It really doesn't sound like online dating is any easier than the real world, at least that's the way I understand it.
but you get to meet a lot of people though You will never be able to see 750 single people at one place in a bar.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM

650 posts, read 702,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think you're overreacting a bit, but I Think it would be hilarious if you still sent a picture of turds in a toilet to her.
No, I want to be able to stay on OkCupid.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
but you get to meet a lot of people though You will never be able to see 750 single people at one place in a bar.
I don't know. I guess I've just never heard anyone say "OMG!! I met a really good guy online!!!" Being in my 20's, neither myself nor anyone else I know (at the top of my head) has met anyone online whom they actually dated for longer than a hookup.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM

333 posts, read 310,583 times
Quote:
She had clicked on my pic about 3X so I sent her a short message. She wrote back that she had just begun seeing someone which (after all these years) I know is a cliché, thus a lie, and code for "You ain't my type" so I feel hurt that she insulted my intelligence by lying to me with an excuse that anyone with an IQ over 95 can see through...............I've had plenty of girls use that b.s. line on me and then see them visiting the singles site every day which a woman in an exclusive relationship wouldn't do.

But what I did was block her profile and erase all our {1 each) letters to each other.

Congressman Weiner lost his job because he insulted the intelligence of his constituents by handing them a flimsy excuse.............Why shouldn't I feel insulted?
AFAIC, any reply, even BS intended to not hurt your feelings, is better than dead air. Be thankful she was thoughtful enough to take the time to reply.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,492 times
Quote:

simple, you don't know her she doesnt owe you the 'truth'...you got what was needed...which was a 'no' anything else is gravy...move on man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.