Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 PM

333 posts, read 310,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
I'm upset mainly because she clicked on my profile 3X and then I walked right into the dog manure. If she wasn't interested, man she should have put her grimy little fingers someplace else instead of on my profile/picture.
Just because it looks like she clicked on your picture doesn't mean she did. Match sometimes initiates things at random to make it look like people are interested and/or to generate interest. Sometimes if you show up in her daily picks, that's considered a click. Likewise, it's no big deal to click. So someone looked? That doesn't mean they want to do you.

(OkCupid is owned by Match, by the way.)

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM

650 posts, read 702,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think you're overreacting a bit, but I Think it would be hilarious if you still sent a picture of turds in a toilet to her.
I got thrown off Cupid a couple times for telling two snotty rejection artiste women off in the manner in which I felt they deserved but the guy running OkC obviously didn't agree so I have to be careful now.

But if I could do it, I would have liked to write back to the one that set me up for rejection and say the following "I'm a long time student of psychology, your use of an obviously old clichéd transparently weak excuse to reject me with, reveals you to have a mindset of thinking that all men or all men who like you are stupid. I'm not stupid, I'm an educated, sensitive man but you may want to rethink your bias against men. Maybe your seeing men as being stupid is the reason why you are still single".

Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
AFAIC, any reply, even BS intended to not hurt your feelings, is better than dead air. Be thankful she was thoughtful enough to take the time to reply.
Probably better to say nothing than to insult another's intelligence IMO.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,840 times
Quote:
I got thrown off Cupid a couple times for telling two snotty rejection artiste women off in the manner in which I felt they deserved but the guy running OkC obviously didn't agree so I have to be careful now.

But if I could do it, I would have liked to write back to the one that set me up for rejection and say the following "I'm a long time student of psychology, your use of an obviously old clichéd transparently weak excuse to reject me with, reveals you to have a mindset of thinking that all men or all men who like you are stupid. I'm not stupid, I'm an educated, sensitive man but you may want to rethink your bias against men. Maybe your seeing men as being stupid is the reason why you are still single".
you have got to stop believing this nonsense...you have to be able to take a no for what it is...its an opportunity to send you on your way to someone more suited who will say yes

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:

Only recently am I getting messages on OkCupid and a few were nasty. My first profile on POF was deleted because I told off a few scummy men who got offended when I stated I wasn't going to date men with kids.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Only recently am I getting messages on OkCupid and a few were nasty. My first profile on POF was deleted because I told off a few scummy men who got offended when I stated I wasn't going to date men with kids.
You can't be nasty on the free sites. The revenue on these sites are generated by advertising and the feeling is that advertisers will be reluctant to advertise their products at places which allow what could be seen as abusive responses no matter how deserved those responses might be.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
WOW, if this is the absolute worst thing that has happened to you recently I think you should be celebrating a pretty good few days. Why in the world would you care if she told you a lie or not? Does it seriously impact your "Real Life" that much that some female on a dating site told you a lie? If it truly is an issue and bothers you that much you have much more serious issues and need to seek a professional opinion as to why something like this upsets you so much.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
You can't be nasty on the free sites. The revenue on these sites are generated by advertising and the feeling is that advertisers will be reluctant to advertise their products at places which allow what could be seen as abusive responses no matter how deserved those responses might be.
You can be nasty, as long as your view is the "right" one. Just look at the forums where the extreme leftists attack those who aren't as liberal.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
You can be nasty, as long as your view is the "right" one. Just look at the forums where the extreme leftists attack those who aren't as liberal.
Different format on those political forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Different format on those political forums.
True but in the dating sections if one is right of them they are bashed. I started a thread about men with multiple baby mamas on POF (after being approached by a man with 5 baby mamas)and all these people were "how dare you judge". Then a few admitted they were on welfare and had many kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.